|No one will ever read this!|
This article is an improvement drive article. Please help by editing it.
- "Soviet forces have infiltrated a highly classified U.S. facility"
- — Map Description
Hangar 18 is a map that was released in the Annihilation Map Pack for Call of Duty: Black Ops. It was originally a canceled map named Area 51. This is a medium sized map, set in the secret military base, Area 51. It has numerous easter eggs, such as alien corpses, and a floating apple. Hangar 18 has many high elevated areas such as the cremation room, the tower near the A flag and the SR-71 Blackbird.
- Though going out on the Blackbird has its advantages, it is very open to any type of gunfire, especially when you are standing.
- Good weapons for this map are Assult rifles with low recoil, such as the M16.
- The player can usually get a lucky kill on people running up the stairs near the entrance to the Blackbird by planting a Claymore there.
- You can jump onto the Blackbird's wing near the engine.
- This is the fifth multiplayer map in Black Ops to be featured in the U.S., as it is in Area 51. The first four being Nuketown, Stadium, Convoy and Drive-In.
- The jet on the map is an SR-71 Blackbird.
- There is an apple levitating in what appears to be an electromagnetic field on the map. When it's shot the bullets deflect and hit the walls around it. This is a reference to a viral video after the release of Black Ops.
- It should be noted that these bodies have a tag on them which reads "Government Property".
- The player can see three alien carcasses covered with blankets, and have hands with four fingers and blue feet with four toes sticking out of the blankets.
- In the alien room, there is an autopsy table that was thrown into a wall, and large amounts of blood all over the room, suggesting something, possibly an alien, may have broken out.
- There are numerous panels throughout the map that can be destroyed. If the action button is pressed, alien sounds will play. After being destroyed, these panels will re-spawn.
- All the black vans' license plates say "exempt", and all the white vans' license plates say "U.S.Gov".
- The hangar appears in Moon as the starting location.
- This map looks similar to the beginning of the level WMD on the runway.