- "Joined KSK, following a family tradition of elite soldiers. Master bow hunter and wilderness tracker. Hunts enemies of the EU in harshest conditions on earth. Enjoys reputation as an excellent cook and storyteller."
- — In-game Biography
Hans was born in 1986 and was raised in Oberstdorf in the Federal Republic of Germany. He was taught the arts of bow hunting and wilderness tracking by his father, Daniel Blaustein, a colonel in the Kommando Spezialkräfte, or KSK. They made frequent excursions into the German/Australian Alps.
Hans joined the Bundeswehr in 2004 at 18, following a family tradition established after World War II. He passed selection for the KSK 4th Platoon, specialized in geographic operations. Hans were desployed in Mozambique, Urzikstan and the Kastovian Mountains.
Golem served as superior officer to Krueger, who was known as Corporal Josef Doss in the KSK, during Operation Nachtigall in Mozambique. Civilians were found killed with 7.62 NATO rounds consistent with Krueger's weapon. This prompted the KSK to investigate and discovered Krueger's assumed identity. Krueger escaped custody with assitance from Blaustein. Golem was never formally charged for his action and still enjoyed a sterling reputation with the KSK.
In March 2020, Al-Qatala's new leader Khaled Al-Asad launched a full-scale assault against Verdansk in Kastovia. Operators from Coalition and Allegiance were deployed to Verdansk to stop Al-Qatala as part of the Armistice initiative.
- Golem's blood type is B+.
- Golem is ambidextrous with the dominant eye being the right eye.
- Golem has a vision of 20/20.
- Surveillance and communications are monitored between Golem and Krueger - high potential for leverage against WARCOM assets.