|Hey! User! Drop the chips and get me some images!|
This article is in need of quality images. Feel free to upload and insert some into their respective locations.
The Hell's Retriever is a Wonder Weapon and a tactical item introduced in the zombie map, Mob of the Dead for Call of Duty: Black Ops II. The Hell's Retriever can be obtained by feeding six zombies to each of the three Hellhound heads.
The locations of the the three Hellhound heads are as follows:
- In the 'Broadway' cell block, located near the B23R.
- In the infirmary adjacent to the Afterlife power box.
- Near the workbench on the lower level of the docks.
When thrown, it can pierce through multiple zombies at once eventually returning to the player. It can also be charged, which adds more damage and distance. This can be done by holding down the tactical button for a maximum of 2 pulses. If the player throws it towards a Power-Up, it will retrieve the Power-Up and bring it back to the player. 
Players will never lose the Hell's Retriever, even if they bleed out. Throwing it does not get rid of it, as it takes a while for it to return to the the player. Additionally, the player has to wait for the 4-second cooldown before it can be thrown again. The Hell's Retriever has the ability to kill zombies instantly (if charged twice) until round 20. It is also very effective when fighting Brutus.
The Hell's Retriever can be upgraded into the Hell's Redeemer by completing a series of tasks. As long as it is charged, it is an insta-kill weapon. In addition, it can be charged 3 times as opposed to only twice with the Hell's Retriever.
Steps to obtain the Hell's Redeemer:
- Fly to the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Kill 30 zombies on the bridge using only the Hell's Retriever. Once this step has been successfully completed, the player will hear the noise of entering Afterlife mode at the end of the round.
- Return to the prison via an Electric Chair.
- Throw the Hell's Retriever into the lava pit underneath the Hellhound near the B23R. If done correctly, the Hell's Retriever will not be returned to the player and the Afterlife noise will be heard.
- Wait for the round to be completed.
- Enter Afterlife mode and travel to where the Hell's Retriever can be found. The aura of the Hell's Retriever will be now be glowing blue and the player will be able to pick up the Hell's Redeemer.
In multiplayer, every player can obtain the Hell's Redeemer, but each player has to do the steps themselves. However, multiple players can do the steps simultaneously.
Feed the Beast (10 / Bronze Trophy ) - In Mob of the Dead, obtain Hell's Retriever.
- The three hellhound heads may be a reference to Cerberus, Hades' triple-headed dog and guardian of the underworld.
- This is supported by two drawings of three dog heads, one in the cell block and one near the entrance to the Hell's Retriever spawn.
- The Hell's Retriever can bring dropped power-ups back to the player who threw it.
- The Hell's Redeemer is the first upgradable tactical item to appear in Zombies.
- The Hell's Retriever has a fiery appereance whereas the Hell's Redeemer has an ethereal appearence, though it still appears to be composed of molten rock.