Call of Duty: Black Ops IIEdit
The Hellstorm Missile requires a scorestreak of 700. It is similar to the Predator Missile from the Modern Warfare series, with the exception that the player can choose to either shoot a cluster of bombs, or use a single missile by not pressing the firing button, essentially making it perform like said killstreak.
The missile uses the "aim" button to increase the speed of the missile (only before the cluster bomb is launched), and the 'fire' button to launch a random number of cluster bombs. Before shooting the cluster bomb, the missile will automatically lock on after a few seconds to enemies near the crosshair, and if the cluster bomb is launched, one bomb will be locked on to each targeted enemy.
Although not very well known, the Hellstorm missile can be shot down and destroyed with a single well placed shot shot of any light arms that is, before the cluster bombs are deployed. Anti-Aircraft missiles and the Black Hat will be unable to damage it, lock on to it or destroy it however, even before the cluster bombs are deployed. The Trophy System will automatically destroy all heavy projectiles including the Hellstorm missile itself, as it was designed to do with the exception of its cluster bombs.
This Scorestreak is not recommended for use in Hardcore modes, as it is very easy to accidentally kill teammates, particularly if the cluster bomb is used.
Call of Duty: Black Ops IIIEdit
The Hellstorm missile returns as a scorestreak featured in Black Ops III. This time it requires 800 points to acquire. Similar to its predecessor, the missile can launch multiple cluster bombs that lock onto enemy players. The cluster bombs move much faster than in Black Ops II. In Black Ops III, the missile can be slowed down or boosted before splitting. The decoys deployed by enemy Reaper will be shown as normal targets, this means the one who is controlling the missile can be fooled by the clones. It is possible to lock on and destroy a Hellstorm missile with a rocket launcher if it has not split yet.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4Edit
The Hellstorm missile returns in Black Ops 4 as a scorestreak. Its price is increased to 850 points, equipping COMSEC Device will reduce it to 700 points.
The missile still can launch multiple cluster bombs to destroy the enemies. Unlike in previous games, this time the missile can be used as a Predator Missile after launching the cluster bombs. In other words, the Hellstorm missile in Black Ops 4 acts as an enhanced version of the Trinity Rocket in Ghosts and Infinite Warfare.
The missile can be slowed down or boosted all the time. It is also possible to lock on and destroy a missile with a rocket launcher if it hasn't split yet.
- In Domination, players can use the missile when capturing a point, but their process will be stopped and reset to zero immediately until they quit controlling the missile.
Call of Duty: Black Ops IIEdit
- No announcement will be made if a hostile Hellstorm Missile has been launched. Only friendly missiles are announced.
- If two Hellstorm Missiles come into contact with each other, they will explode (does not matter if they are friendly or hostile).
- If a UAV or other scorestreak happens to be just under the location of where the Hellstorm Missile is launched or about to land, the scorestreak can be destroyed.
- ↑ http://charlieintel.com/2015/08/05/new-black-ops-3-weapons-and-scorestreaks-shown-at-gamescom/
- ↑ How to destroy a Hellstorm Missile