Overview[edit | edit source]
The map is set in a rural village in Kastovia which has been deserted based on its war-torn state. The village features a sawmill in the middle of the map which has caught fire and almost collapsed during the siege from Al-Qatala. The village also includes a local butchery, a beekeeper's area and a vegetable farm.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the Season Three Trailer, the date for Hovec Sawmill is Day 15, 13:22:01
- If one follows the Main River area to a drainage, a paper boat that has the name "SS Reed" can be found, referencing the opening from the Stephen King novel and 2017 movie, It.
- There are two sets of kitchen knives found on one of the graves in the cemetery, along with a book whose title is 'History of The World'.
- This book is also seen in the house "Alex" and Farah Karim get ready before heading out in the campaign mission Embedded.
- When viewed from out-of-bounds, there is a makeshift train station named 'Station 34' that is similar to the Gunfight map Station.