- "Investigate the Coalescence Corporation facility - Ground Zero of the Singapore disaster - in search of an explanation for your former allies' betrayal."
- — Missing Briefing
- The Player (playable)
- Jacob Hendricks
- Rachel Kane
- John Taylor (mentioned only)
- Sebastian Diaz (K.I.A. in both Reality and Simulation due to D.N.I. Infection)
- Javier Ramirez (K.I.A. in Reality)
- Goh Xiulan
- Yousef Salim (heard only)
- Sebastian Krueger (mentioned only)
Encryption #6E-67-20-74. Protocol: Alpha
The epicenter is well understood, although the Hypocenter is unclear.
Classified, Classified, Singapore, Coalescence Corporation , Classified
Active Mission - Day 2
Pre-Mission Scrolling TextEdit
| Scrolling Text |
The Player and Hendricks reach the Singapore Quarantine Zone's abandoned Coalescence Corporation facility, the place where 300,000 people died due to an explosion created by Corvus. The team takes out the 54i enemies by the entrance, and then deal with an ASP-C. They enter the facility, and try to investigate deeper within the facility. Hendricks deploys a recon drone to aid in their search, and go down the cavern. After reaching one of the lower levels, the drone is mysteriously destroyed, but the team still continues their investigation.
The team then encounters grunts who were said to be "Corrupted" by Kane, and deal with them sooner on. They find out Diaz, who is in the lower facility levels, has hooked himself up to the central CPU core and is trying to upload the CIA safe house and operation locations worldwide. The Player manages to destroy the core and wound Diaz, but unfortunately failed to secure the CIA data. Diaz dies, and the remaining 54i leader, Goh Xiulan, discovers them from outside and sends 54i forces to deal with them, just before ordering the facility to be flooded. The Player and Hendricks escape and disobey a direct order to get to Kane and rescue her, who is at the Singapore safe house, before 54i forces get to her first.
- Main article: Collectibles#Hypocenter
- Untouched: Completed the mission without dying
- Score: Completed the mission with a score of 27,500 or higher.
- Got 'em: Found all of the collectibles in the mission.
- Two Birds with One Stone: Kill 2 enemies with one bullet.
- Scorcher: Burn 4 robots to death in under one second.
- Devastator: Kill 5 robots using melee attacks.
- Decapitator: Shoot the heads off of five robots in a row without missing a shot.
- Patient Hunter: Stealth kill 7 enemies.
- Caught You Napping: Kill 3 snipers without alerting any enemies.
- Where'd That Come From?: Kill 4 enemies from at least 65 meters away.
- Shocking Results: Electrocute 3 robots in one electrical explosion.
- No Survivors: Leave no 54i survivors.
- Good Listener: Listen to all of the audio recordings.
- Mercurial: Complete this mission without taking any damage from depth charges.
- Mine-Sweeping: Destroy 10 depth charges.
- Bombardier: While in mid-air, kill two enemies with rockets.
|Field Ops Kit|
Found in levelEdit
|One of our forward unit pages is pinned down and needs our expansion!|
It is requested that this article, or a section of this article, needs to be expanded.
Add to the discussion on what needs to be improved, or start your own discussion on the talk page.
- "Think back to how all this began. Take me to 2070: you're at Coalescence in Singapore's Undead Quarantine Zone investigating lost communication with John Taylor and his team. Tell me what happened there. Be advised: hostile encounters with the undead are expected."
- — Nightmares mission description
- Into the Abyss (20/Silver Trophy ) - Complete "Hypocenter" on Hardened, Veteran, or Realistic difficulty.
- Full Circle (50/Silver Trophy ) - Complete the campaign on Hardened, Veteran, or Realistic difficulty.
- Main article: Hypocenter/Transcript
- A small picture containing a poster for Black Ops II can be seen on the front desk of the facility.
- If one is quickly enough to get to the recon drone's wreckage before Hendricks does, he/she will find that the drone is destroyed in its "deployed" state. After Hendricks arrives, the drone simply "teleports" to a new location and retracts into a triangular form.
- The roaches on the signs under the silo cannot be killed or damaged in any way.
- When battling with Diaz, the GI Units that attempt to enter the control room can be hacked by Player's Homing Surge cyber core, but instead of charging at other GI Units, it will still attempt to enter the control room, it will self-destruct after a while, however.
- If one activates Tactical Mode, he/she can actually see the tag of the ASP before it reactivates.
- If the Player stalls at the entrance of the Coalescence building long enough after opening the door, Hendricks will automatically say the "long-dead program" line, even if the player hasn't trigger them yet. This may be a developer's oversight.