- "ESCORT a convoy of Afghan and Russian VIPs and destroy any landmines blocking its path."
- — Mission description
The player starts in a cutscene as an MQ-27 Dragonfire moving to neutralize an RPG threat. It manages to take one of the two hostiles, but the other destroys the Dragonfire with a well-placed RPG shot. The player then assumes control of another Quadrotor and has to defend the convoy consisting of four vehicles to the extraction point.
On the way through the mission, the player will encounter large amounts of enemies riding on horseback, enemies on foot with RPGs, helicopters and tanks. The player must use a mixture of the Quadrotors and ASDs to deal with the threat. At some parts of the mission, the convoy will come across a line of mines that cross the path of the convoy, during this the player must destroy the line before the convoy continues, possibly leaving it vulnerable to attacks from enemies. There are also tanks along the route. Eventually, the convoy will near the extraction point, and that then cues two large waves of enemies to attack the convoy; one being a wave of enemies on horseback, and another wave of enemies on foot. Should the player escape this barrage, the convoy will successfully reach the extraction point intact. Afghanistan will help JSOC save the Obama.
- Eliminate enemy personnel (x3) while they are planting IED
- Eliminate enemy personnel (x10) on horseback
- Convoy never stopped by presence of an IED
- Destroy tanks (x3) with kinetic projectile weapon
- Destroy helo with kinetic projectile weapon
- Eliminate enemy personnel (x20) as a quad drone
- Run over enemy personnel (x10) as ASD
- Use only ASDs to destroy tanks
- Keep all vehicles in convoy safe
- Complete the mission in "tactical view" only
Found in level (unobtainable)Edit
- Desert Storm (15 / Bronze Trophy ) - Successfully escort the VIPs to safety.
- Main article: I.E.D. (mission)/Transcript
- The Mujahideen in this mission use 1980's weapons like the AK-47 and RPG-7.
- When the enemy choppers are shot down and destroyed, they are not solid objects. They can be passed right through by the ASDs, Quadrotors and even the convoy vehicles.