- "Fan favorite Scrapyard returns as an action-packed derelict launch facility."
- — Description
Ignition is a small multiplayer map in the Call of Duty: Ghosts downloadable content pack Onslaught. The map is a remake of the fan-favorite map, Scrapyard, from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. It takes place in an abandoned Odin launch control facility in Florida, USA.
It is a moderately linear map. Game modes such as Ground War and Domination are highly chaotic; the size of the map combined with a high number of players or highly-damaging weapons means there is constant action. Like Scrapyard, it is best for medium-long range weapons, but short-range weapons can do good in some of the buildings around the map.
- This map has a Field Order reward: F-1 Engine Test Fire - The player activates the engine and anyone under them and in the tunnels will burn. The test lasts for 10 seconds. After use, it is possible to get it again in the same match.
- A countdown timer on the northeast corner of the map will initiate a countdown from 60 seconds after a few seconds of gameplay, an announcer will then start counting down the final seconds. When it hits zero, a rocket in the background will ignite and lift off its launch pad, but when gets a couple hundred feet up in the air, it will be hit by a kinetic rod and explode. A piece of its fuselage will land where the north plane fuselage piece lower-right to the 'A' flag would be in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2's Scrapyard. One or more other pieces of the wreck will land on the map, killing anyone in the way. An unknown announcer announces this.
- In the laboratory to the west, there is a button that says "Hold (interact) to Initiate Rocket Test". Doing so will cause the engine to fire, killing any enemy players that walk in front of it.
Extinction Egg HuntEdit
After the rocket explodes and the wreck falls on the map, sticking out of the tunnel's west wall is an Extinction Egg that can be shot and count as "hunted", only once. Players who find all four Extinction Eggs in each of Onslaught's 4 DLC maps will earn a bonus 2000XP for completing the operation.
- In the building on the one side of the map, there is a control room that can be seen through the glass. In the window, ODIN can be seen spelled upside down.
- The ladder seen on the tunnel in the loading image isn't present in game, hinting towards the fact it was removed at a late stage.
- Players can find a teddy bear hiding by a few crates on a container.