- "Destroyed freeway. Great for a wide range of spaces and styles."
- — In-game description
Interchange is a multiplayer map in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.
Generally speaking, the level features a bombed out highway in New Jersey, USA. It shows signs of significant combat and destruction, suggesting the battle for New Jersey was just as hotly contested as New York and Washington. Multiple destroyed Humvees and M2A2 Bradleys can be seen throughout the map, suggesting that there was a military convoy moving through during the bombing of the highway.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Interchange is a medium sized map featured in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. The two main spawn points are on either side of the map.
The map consists of many long lines of sights and few indoor areas. There are many wide-open locations that are great for snipers. There are also quite a few tight corners that may be in favor of close quarters weapons. The underpasses can be used to avoid air support if needed. There are also several crashed vehicles that provide excellent cover.
Survival Mode[edit | edit source]
In Survival Mode, Interchange is a Tier 1 map and has the difficulty of Easy. The player starts with the Five Seven, two Frag Grenades, two Flash Grenades, a Self Revive, and 250 Armor. The hostiles include Bomb Squads, Attack Dogs, Choppers, and Juggernauts. The Claymore Experts spawn in around wave 22.
The players start in the middle of the map around the fire trucks. The Weapon Armory is located on the northern area near the B bomb in Search and Destroy, the Equipment Armory is near start, and the Air Support Armory is located On the south side of the map on the side of the building.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the launch trailer for Modern Warfare 3, at 0:03, one can see an Osprey over Interchange, as if the map were a campaign mission. Of course, this map isn't based on any campaign missions whatsoever.
- The signs on the bridge say FDR Drive, an actual highway on the east side of Manhattan.
- On one of the columns on the west side of the map reads "Kriegler", which is written in Hardhat and Overwatch as well.
- There is an invisible solid "ceiling" covering the entirety of the playable area of the map.