- "I'm Jackie motherfuckin' Vincent."
- — Jack Vincent
Biography[edit | edit source]
In his career as a police officer in Morg City, Vincent has had dealings with mobsters and criminals of all sorts. His crooked nature would eventually lead to the city's mayor leading an investigation across the entire police department. In order to avoid arrest, he then proceeded to silence all of his criminal associates, to keep his name clean.
On one night, Vincent pays a visit to the Black Lace burlesque club, where he meets the magician Nero Blackstone, the boxer Floyd Campbell, and the dancer Jessica Rose. During Jessica's performance, the four of them are mysteriously knocked out cold. Each of them later wake up in different areas of Morg, finding their left hand branded with the Mark of the Beast. They discover zombies roaming around the city, and attempt to escape, only to reunite in an alley later. A mysterious figure calling himself Shadow Man then asks the four characters to complete the rituals to atone for their sins. Vincent collects his ritual item, which is his partner's badge, and later sacrifices him as part of the ritual. After finishing all the rituals, the Shadow Man reveals that they have opened a gateway to freeing the Apothicon on their dimension. After reading a book located in Nero's lair, the four find out the true nature of the Apothicon, as well as the Keepers. They then proceed to summon the Keepers under the Rift, where they work together to "kill" the Shadow Man (unknowingly to them, only his physical body was destroyed, while his soul is preserved within the Summoning Key). Using the power of the Keepers, they destroy the large Apothicon creature roaming the skies of Morg City, freeing their dimension from the Apothicon's wrath. As the Keepers return the key to them, Edward Richtofen quickly appears and takes it. He thanks Vincent and the others for their efforts, then teleports away. The next day, the Apothicons then destroy their dimension.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Shadows of Evil/Quotes#Jack Vincent
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Vincent is married to a disloyal wife.
- Jack Vincent makes references to all of the four members of the Mob of the Dead crew, as well as a reference the map's location Alcatraz.
- Upon Nero's confession, Jack can response with the following: "Oh, stop your f*cking b*tching, it could have been worse, you could have been sent to Alcatraz"
- Upon picking up a grenade launcher, Jack can say "Could have used this when I busted Sal's liquor joint *laugh* "
- Upon picking the Margwa heart, Jack can say: "What is this, one of Billy Handsome's trophies?!"
- Upon picking an explosive weapon, Jack can say the following: "I once busted a little weasel, dumbass nearly blew himself up". Vincent refers here to Arlington's accident in the Los Angeles bank heist.
- After drinking a perk, Jack Vincent can say: "Finn O'Leary's whiskey tasted better than this shit."
- His badge number is 9354. The first three numbers are a reference to Group 935.
- Additionally, his partner's badge number is 1154, a reference to Element 115.
- Vincent was initially curious about Nero, thinking that he might know something about the Apothicon; though later he would be convinced that Nero knows no more than the others, and shows resentment towards him.
- He seems to dislike Campbell, though he attempted to form an alliance with him and plotted to take the other two out.
- He is neutral towards Jessica, though watchful due to her dangerous nature.
- He was shot three times in the line of duty.
- In the Last Generation version of Call of Duty: Black Ops III, Jack Vincent is the only character seen in the Zombies menu, not being replaced by any other characters.