The Jackal is a fighter jet capable of combat in air and in space in Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare.
It was originally developed as part of India's space program in conjunction with the multinational Solar Associated Treaty Organization fleet and was classified as a tri-positional-wing multi-role combat aerospacecraft, but it is usually referred to as the "Jackal". The factories that developed the Jackal are built on Ganymede and are owned by the United Arab Emirates. Eventually, the Jackal became the primary air/space-interdiction fighter used by SATO.
A model of the early version of the Jackal can be seen on Luna in the Gateway in the museum. This early version had a forward swept wing configuration, two large rear engines, a somewhat less bulky design and a cockpit with the pilots seated side-by-side rather than in tandem as is the case on the Jackal.
- Length: 19 metres
- Wingspan: 13 metres
- Height: 4 metres
- Speed: 80,000 km/h (Booster speed for escape velocity)
- Jet Top Speed: 5,200 km/h (Dependent on docking in a capital ship to leave larger planets' (Jupiter, Saturn etc) higher escape velocity)
- Flare countermeasures
- Omni-directional IR countermeasures
- Atmospheric Threshold: Survivable up to 98 Atmospheres (Venus' pressure)
- Gravitational Threshold: Survivable up to 4.5G (Jupiter-proof)
- Operational Temperature Range: 427°C to -244°C (Mercury to Pluto)
- Flight Modes: Atmospheric, VTOL, Space
- 8x Rocket Boosters
- 3x VTOL Intakes
- 92x RCS Ports
- Max. Occupancy: 2 (1x Pilot, 1x Co-Pilot)
The Jackal has a top speed of 3,231.13 mph (5,200 km/h) and its rocket boosters enable it to reach escape velocities of up to 49,709.70 mph (80,000 km/h), slightly faster than its opponent, the Skelter. The Jackal features flare countermeasures to counter incoming homing missiles as well as omnidirectional infrared countermeasure systems.
The Jackal is measured at 62 ft. (19 metres) long and 10 ft. (3 metres) high. It is capable of VTOL (Vertical TakeOff and Landing), and its variable-geometry wings and tail control surfaces can extend or retract based on the aerospacecraft's need, whether in atmospheric flight (ATMO), achieving orbit (LAUNCH), or in space flight (SPACE). The Jackal also possesses an autopilot.
The Jackal is equipped with two 50mm cannons and two 30mm cannons and air-to-ground (AGM) missiles. Furthermore, its cannon armaments are mounted on a "modular articulating ballistic system", with retinal tracking pivots, meaning that the cannons have a degree of traverse and will automatically aim according the pilot's line-of-sight while flying. The retinal tracking system is a further advancement over the Skelter, as the latter lacked such a system. Its tandem-seat cockpit has a maximum occupancy of a pilot and a copilot.
However, while Jackal is technologically slightly ahead of the Skelter, this is offset by the limited number of Jackal's available after the Front's attack on Geneva, which knocked out many of SATO's naval and air assets in a surprise attack.
|Weapon Upgrade||More damage and max missiles. Less prone to overheating.|
|Hull Upgrade||Higher health and less collision damage.|
|Thruster Upgrade||Longer boost time. Faster turn and acceleration.|
- Fangs Out (15 / Bronze Trophy ) - Earn your first Jackal item (weapon or upgrade).
- Jackal Ace (30 / Silver Trophy ) - Earn all Jackal weapons and upgrades.
- Top Gun (30 / Silver Trophy ) - Complete all Jackal-only side missions.