The Jackal is a fighter jet capable of combat in air and in space in Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare.
It was originally developed as part of India's space program in conjunction with the multinational Solar Associated Treaty Organization fleet and was classified as a tri-positional-wing multi-role combat aerospacecraft, but it is usually referred to as the "Jackal". Eventually, the Jackal became the primary air/space-interdiction fighter used by SATO.
- Length: 19 metres
- Wingspan: 13 metres
- Height: 4 metres
- Speed: 80,000 km/h (Booster speed for escape velocity)
- Jet Top Speed: 5,200 km/h (Dependent on area; larger planets like Saturn and Jupiter require higher escape velocity)
- Flare countermeasures
- Omni-directional IR countermeasures
- Atmospheric Threshold: Survivable up to 98 Atmospheres (Venus' pressure)
- Gravitational Threshold: Survivable up to 4.5G (Jupiter-proof)
- Operational Temperature Range: 427°C to -244°C (Mercury to Pluto)
- Flight Modes: Atmospheric, VTOL, Space
- 8x Rocket Boosters
- 3x VTOL Intakes
- 92x RCS Ports
- Max. Occupancy: 2 (1x Pilot, 1x Co-Pilot)
The Jackal has a top speed of 3,231.13 mph (5,200 km/h) and its rocket boosters enable it to reach escape velocities of up to 49,709.70 mph (80,000 km/h), much faster than its opponent, the Skelter. The Jackal features flare countermeasures to counter incoming homing missiles as well as omnidirectional infrared countermeasure systems.
The Jackal is measured at 62 ft. (19 metres) long and 10 ft. (3 metres) high. It is capable of VTOL (Vertical TakeOff and Landing), and its variable-geometry wings and tail control surfaces can extend or retract based on the aerospacecraft's need, whether in atmospheric flight (ATMO), achieving orbit (LAUNCH), or in space flight (SPACE).
The Jackal is equipped with two 50mm cannons and two 30mm cannons and air-to-ground (AGM) missiles. Furthermore, its cannon armaments are mounted on a "modular articulating ballistic system", with retinal tracking pivots, meaning that the cannons will automatically aim according the pilot's line-of-sight while flying. Its tandem-seat cockpit has a maximum occupancy of a pilot and a copilot.
|Weapon Upgrade||More damage and max missiles. Less prone to overheating.|
|Hull Upgrade||Higher health and less collision damage.|
|Thruster Upgrade||Longer boost time. Faster turn and acceleration.|
- Fangs Out (15 / Bronze Trophy ) - Earn your first Jackal item (weapon or upgrade).
- Jackal Ace (30 / Silver Trophy ) - Earn all Jackal weapons and upgrades.
- Top Gun (30 / Silver Trophy ) - Complete all Jackal-only side missions.