- "Known as “Union Jack” to his peers. Served with distinction under Captain Price for three years until transfer for “ethical disagreements.” Chose officer track, achieved rank of Lieutenant. Hand-picked by SAS for the Coalition."
- — In-game Biography
Biography[edit | edit source]
Jacob Thorne was born on May 1st, 1988. He joined the Royal Air Force at 18. He then entered and passed the SAS selection at 23, honoring family tradition as his father Stephen Thorne was a Major in the SAS.
Thorne served with distinction under Captain Jonathan Price and operated in Iraq, Afghanistan, Urzikstan and Kastovia. In 2011, he formally filed for a transfer from Price's command, citing ethical concerns. Thorne was present for the unsanctioned capture and interrogation of suspected Ultranationalists in Kastovia.
Jacob achieved the rank of Lieutenant in 2014. He was given command of a SAS platoon and was paired with Sergeant Charlotte "Charly" Johnstone of the Special Reconnaissance Regiment. Thorne was later hand-picked by the Director Special Forces to represent the SAS inside the Coalition.
On June 12th, 2018, the Coalition launched Operation Iron Canopy with the intent to capture Jackals commander, Viktor "Zane" Metiko. Thorne was believed to have encountered Zane during the operation but reported negative contact.
In March 2020, Al-Qatala's new leader Khaled Al-Asad launched an full-scale assault against Verdansk in Kastovia. Operators from Coalition and Allegiance were deployed to Verdansk to stop Al-Qatala as part of the Armistice initiative.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Thorne blood type is O-.
- Thorne's dominant eye is the right eye.
- Thorne has a vision of 21/21.
- Intercepted coms with Lt. Johnstone are relayed to Captain Price.
- Thorne's dossier is found in Operation Crosswind.
- In his intro video Thorne wears his "Marshland" operator skin featured in the season 2 battlepass.
- Thorne's Valor, Vigilance and Mighty Arsenal skin is nearly identical to Alex's uniform in the campaign, featuring the patch of the UK flag in place of the US flag, and a different colour palette.