- "Reach for me, Jugger Girl. Oorah."
- — "Tank" Dempsey
- "Anything that makes me harder to kill, okay by me."
- — Robert Englund
Juggernog (stylized as Jugger-Nog on the machine) is a Perk-a-Cola featured in Call of Duty: World at War, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Call of Duty: Black Ops II, Call of Duty: Black Ops III, and Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War in the Zombies game mode.
Once purchased during a game for 2500 points, it increases the players health allowing them to take more damage from enemies. Since it's introduction in Verrückt, it's been a highly desirable addition to most player's arsenal in every game.
First introduced in Verrückt in Call of Duty: World at War, and is based on the Juggernaut perk from Call of Duty: World at War's multiplayer game. It was one of the original four Perk-a-Cola's introduced into the Zombies game mode. Juggernog's vending machine was based on classic soft drink vending machines, with Juggernog resembling an old Coca-Cola machine.
Juggernog can be bought from it's vending machine during a zombies game and costs 2500 points for the player to purchase. It can also be obtained from a few other methods, such as a Random Perk Bottle power-up, the Der Wunderfizz machine on maps where that machine is available and it can also be obtained from certain GobbleGum's in Black Ops III.
Once it's purchased, it'll increase the player's health from 100 points to 250. This increases the amount of damage the player can take from opponents as follows:
- Zombies - Four hits, going down on the fifth.
- Jumping Jacks - Six hits, going down on the seventh.
- Hellhounds - Five hits, going down on the sixth.
- George A. Romero - Two hits, going down on the third.
- Avogadro - Three hits, going down on the fourth.
- Brutus/Panzersoldat/Margwa/Thrashers - Two hits, going down on the third.
- Cerberus - Twenty-nine hits, going down on the thirtieth.
As it increases player health, it's generally one of the most used perks and players often prioritize getting this perk first, particularly as players get to higher rounds as zombies start to increase in both strength and numbers.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War introduces an upgrade system for the perks. At its base tier, it increases hitpoints by 50 points. The Tier 1 upgrade reducing the duration of status effects, such as the toxin damage caused by Plaguehounds, by 50%. Tier 2 increases the amount of Armor that Armor Plates replenish by 25% and Tier 3 increases health by 100 points. At Tier 4 the player's armor durability is increased by 25%, and at Tier 5 the player is not downed on a lethal hit but instead has their armor depleted and health reduced to 1.
Call of Duty: World at War
- Verrückt - In the starting room next to the book shelf (German side).
- Shi No Numa - It will spawn randomly, just like all of the other Perk-A-Cola machines, in one of the huts that is opened.
- Der Riese - In a small hallway to the left of the staircase when going towards the Power Switch from the animal testing area, near the Bouncing Betties.
Call of Duty: Black Ops
- Kino der Toten - In the theater on the left side through the main doors, next to the Bowie Knife.
- "Five" - Downstairs in the war room, next to the door that leads to the Pack-a-Punch Machine room.
- Ascension - Down the second staircase after buying the door that leads to the MPL room. The entrance is right next to the PM63. Can also be obtained from a Random Perk Bottle by finishing a Space Monkey round without having them attack the Perk Machines.
- Call of the Dead - In the hull of the ship, nearby one of the Pack-a-Punch's many spawn locations. Can also be obtained from a Random Perk Bottle by killing George A. Romero whether or not the player has finished the easter egg.
- Shangri-La - Outside the temple next to a pillar by the MPL or on the bridge on the side of the mud pit (spawns randomly, switch with Speed Cola). Can also be obtained from a Random Perk Bottle by killing a Zombie Monkey after it's stolen another power-up and rotates through the power-ups.
- Moon - In Area 51 by the teleporter. Changes places with Speed Cola every time the player returns to Area 51. Can also be obtained from a Random Perk Bottle by either jumping multiple times on the bounce pads or spawning it with a QED.
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- TranZit - On the second floor near a corner in the building across from the bank in the town.
- Town - In the same location as TranZit.
- Farm - Upstairs in the house above Speed Cola.
- Nuketown - Will spawn randomly with all other perks.
- Die Rise - Spawns randomly in one of the four elevator shafts in the building with the power switch. It trades these positions between games with Double Tap Root Beer, Mule Kick and the Pack-a-Punch Machine.
- Mob of the Dead - Down near the Cerberus spawn and Gondola on the docks.
- Buried - Behind some debris right next to Arthur's cell in a small alley, the debris needs to be destroyed by Arthur before players can access the machine.
- Borough - Same location as Buried.
- Origins - Directly by Generator 4 and a Der Wunderfizz spawn.
Call of Duty: Black Ops III
- Shadows of Evil - Spawns randomly in either the Waterfront, Footlight or Canal districts, a broken bottle that's red in front of the gate will show you wish district Juggernog has spawned in.
- The Giant - Spawned randomly at any of the Perk-a-Cola machine locations, aside from the hidden machine.
- Der Eisendrache - Room that connects the starting room to the pyramid room, next to the KN-44.
- Zetsubou No Shima - Will spawn randomly via airplane on round 2 or round 6. Located on the other side of the bunker door in solo.
- Gorod Krovi - On the second floor of the Department Store, to the right of the staircase leading down towards the Operations Bunker.
- Revelations - On the second floor of the Nacht der Untoten section of the map, in front of the stairs from the old starting room.
- Zombies Chronicles - In these remasters, the machines remain in their original positions. It can also be obtained by the Der Wunderfizz machines added to these versions of the maps.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
- Die Maschine - At the Crash Site to the right of the plane wing and to the left of the Mystery Box location.
- Firebase Z - In the Military Command Control Room, situated next to the staircase.
- Outbreak - Can be purchased from Der Wunderfizz or randomly acquired from a Random Perk power-up. It can also be obtained as a Legendary reward from the Trials system.
- Mauer der Toten - In the Bar facing a zombie barricade.
- Forsaken - At Checkpoint beside a concrete pillar.
This perks icon on the player's HUD is a red shield, with a white cross and a red bullet crossing through it. The Juggernog vending machine is also red and white, it's a tall and thin machine. On the front, the quotes "Drink Juggernog" and "10¢" can be seen along with "That's a good nog!" and "Made with real eggs!". On the right side, the quote "Take a tug on that sweet, sweet jugg." can be seen along with a faded bloody handprint below it. And on the left, "ice cold" is seen. On the top, a circular sign with the Juggernog HUD icon is on it. The machine also has two wheels on the back. It's dispensed in a clear glass bottle, with the drink itself being red in colour. The perks icon is on a sticker on the bottle.
The design of the machine was updated for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. While the general style of the machine is similar, it is bulkier with two extra layers on either side of the machine and a larger rib separating the red and white parts of the machine. The controls are now on the front of the machine rather than being bulged forwards slightly, and the top of the machine is now black with the logo in a black-ringed stand.
This machine dispenses cans rather than bottles. The stickers on the can be read, revealing the nutrition facts of the beverage. One can of Juggernog contains: 1000 calories, 70g of total fat, 45g of sodium, 5000g of total carb, 90g of sugars, and 400g of protein. The ingredients list can also be seen, revealing it contains: Carbonated milk, powdered crocodile eggs, spinach juice, pure gumption, and is fortified with iron.
The Juggernog machine in Call of Duty: World at War, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Call of Duty: Black Ops II, Call of Duty: Black Ops III and Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War plays a short jingle, composed in a stock style. The backing track used for the Juggernog jingle comes from a stock track entitled "Boney".
Shadows of Evil changes the jingle from the one normally used. This version is a 1940's, big-band swing style jingle instead with the same lyrics.
There is also a cut jingle that never made it into the game. The backing track of this unused jingle comes from a stock track called "Wending My Way". The jingle is present in the files of Verrückt:
- The name is a play on the words "Juggernaut" and "Eggnog".
- A Persistent Upgrade with the same effects as Juggernog can be obtained in TranZit, Die Rise and Buried. Stacking this with the perk allows the player to survive up to six hits from zombies.
- In Der Riese occasionally, when standing near the Juggernog machine, children can be heard singing.
- In Call of Duty: Black Ops II the labels on the necks of the Juggernog bottles are corrected to say Jugger-nog soda instead of Juggernaut soda.
- A mini-fridge modeled after the Juggernog machine comes with the Juggernog Edition of Call of Duty: Black Ops III.
- The Juggernog machine can be seen to the left on the back of the Call of Duty: Black Ops II Hardened Edition box cover.
- In Call of Duty: Black Ops III, it appears as one of the several selectable reticles for the Thermal Scope in the Zombies category.
- In the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of Call of Duty: Black Ops III on the maps Der Eisendrache and The Giant, Juggernog uses the same jingle as it did in Shadows of Evil.
- In Revelations, wearing the Apothicon Mask while under the effects of Juggernog can increase the player's health to a higher amount than usual. It increases the player's health from 250% to 500%, meaning the player can take 10 hits before being downed.