- "Ravaged desert town. Tactical street fights abound."
- — In-game description
Karachi is a medium-sized multiplayer map in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
Karachi offers an excellent balance of open area combat, combined with building and rooftop battling. One of the map's main advantages for players is the variation of levels, allowing use of all weapon classes. The small corridors of the buildings benefit shotgun and SMG users where a quick fire rate would be ideal. The rooftop locations and upper floor windows benefits players who use sniper rifles, assault rifles and LMGs as their extended range and damage can be utilized.
The nature of this map isn't friendly to players who use the higher killstreak rewards. Airstrikes and helicopters rarely achieve kills due to the abundance of shelter in the many buildings. However, Emergency Airdrops are suited for the map as there are two relatively deserted areas at each main spawn point.
- If the player initiates spectator mode, parts of "Shock and Awe" can be seen.
- Near the Navy SEALs spawn behind the iron fence near the docks there are three Zodiacs.
- Under the wooden scaffolding, there are newspaper receptacles that cannot be opened but have ads for Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare on the front.
- Also, there are other newspapers with the name "Infinity Ward" on the front, and the main headline is titled "Call of Duty 2".
- On one of the bulletin boards is a green poster that has the outline of an upright teddy bear from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.
- Outside of the map are destroyed buildings, all of which will show the entrance to a bathroom, such as some having toilets, bathtubs, and sinks.
- The map is a remake of a Counter Strike 1.6 custom map known as "De_Karachi01", originally created by the same designer.