Before the massacre at Zakhaev International Airport, Lev, Kiril, and Vladimir Makarov attempted to kill Yuri in the parking garage after discovering Yuri's collaboration with the FSB in a futile attempt to stop the massacre. He then assaulted the Zakhaev International Airport with Makarov, Joseph "Alexei Borodin" Allen, Viktor, and Kiril. He was killed while combating the FSB on the tarmac area. Like his squadmates, he spoke in a forced General American accent and used American military jargon.
- It is possible to kill Lev while fighting the FSB without getting killed by Makarov, Kiril, or Viktor.
- He sports very patriotic tattoos on his neck, which include the Soviet Hammer and Sickle, a portrait of Stalin, and nesting dolls with bullet holes or spiders in them.
- Rarely, if an FSB soldier gets too close to Lev, a sequence will occur where the soldier knocks Lev to the floor by bashing Lev with his riot shield. Lev will then pull out an M9 and kill the trooper while he attempts to grab his MP5K with his shield out of Lev's way. This can be seen easiest in the level "Museum."
- Lev has a brief appearance. in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 in Yuri's flashback. He is the terrorist to the right holding Yuri down.
- If Lev and Kiril are not killed by the FSB before the fight ends, both he (and Kiril, provided he survives up to this point) will spontaneously die.