- "Lightning is POWER!"
- — Samantha Maxis when the power-up is acquired.
The Lightning Bolt is a power-up featured in Zombies maps Call of the Dead, Dead Ops Arcade, and Dead Ops Arcade 2: Cyber's Avengening, though with a different effect in Call of the Dead than the other two maps.
Call of the Dead
Max Ammo power-ups can replenish the ammunition for the Wunderwaffe DG-2. Picking up a Death Machine power-up will cause it to be replaced by the Death Machine and getting downed will also cause the player to lose it. While holding it, the player is unable to purchase wall items, switch weapons, throw grenades, buy Perk-a-Colas, pick up or place Claymores, and revive teammates.
Dead Ops Arcade and Dead Ops Arcade 2: Cyber's Avengening
The Lightning Bolt randomly appears on the map like other power-ups. When obtained, the player gets an extra dash attack, which is stored in the inventory until used with the "fire" button. The dash attack allows the player to move faster than before for a brief moment and with invincibility, killing any zombie in the player's way.
- PhD Flopper can negate the electric effects on the Lightning Bolt in Call of the Dead.
- Only the person that grabs the Lightning Bolt power-up will receive the Wunderwaffe DG-2.
- Two players cannot have the Wunderwaffe DG-2 at the same time. If George Romero is killed a second time, and a player is still holding the Wunderwaffe DG-2, he will drop a Death Machine instead.
- It is possible to get the Wunderwaffe DG-2 before completing the Easter Egg. The players have to kill George A. Romero with a Death Machine power up active.
- Since the Easter Egg is not available on Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies, it can be earned simply by killing George.
- The Wunderwaffe DG-2 acquired through the Lightning Bolt cannot be Pack-a-Punched.
- The Pack-a-Punched version (acquired through console commands) is missing a texture thus making it look white.