- "Lightning is POWER!"
- — Samantha Maxis when the power-up is acquired.
Max Ammo power-ups can replenish the ammunition for the Wunderwaffe DG-2. Picking up a Death Machine power-up will cause it to be replaced by the Death Machine and getting downed will also cause the player to lose it. While holding it, the player is unable to purchase wall items, switch weapons, throw grenades, buy Perk-a-Colas, pick up or place Claymores, and revive teammates.
- PhD Flopper can negate the electric effects on the Lightning Bolt.
- Only the person that grabs the Lightning Bolt power-up will receive the Wunderwaffe DG-2.
- Two players cannot have the Wunderwaffe DG-2 at the same time. If George Romero is killed a second time, and a player is still holding the Wunderwaffe DG-2, he will drop a Death Machine instead.
- It is possible to get the Wunderwaffe DG-2 before completing the Easter Egg. The players have to kill George A. Romero with a Death Machine power up active.
- Since the Easter Egg is not available on Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies, it can be earned simply by killing George.
- The Wunderwaffe DG-2 acquired through the Lightning Bolt cannot be Pack-a-Punched.
- The Pack-a-Punched version (acquired through console commands) is missing a texture thus making it look white.