The MG34 (Maschinengewehr 34) is a German machine gun featured in Call of Duty: United Offensive, Call of Duty: Big Red One, Call of Duty 3 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. It also makes a brief appearance in Call of Duty: Black Ops III, and is available as a mounted weapon in Call of Duty: WWII.
- 1 Call of Duty: United Offensive
- 2 Call of Duty 2: Big Red One
- 3 Call of Duty 3
- 4 Call of Duty: World at War
- 5 Call of Duty: Black Ops III
- 6 Call of Duty: WWII
- 7 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
- 8 References
Call of Duty: United Offensive
The MG34 is the Axis' machine gun of choice. It utilizes 75-round drums and does fairly good damage. It has low recoil and a pretty high rate of fire, making it very versatile, as it can engage both long and close range targets, but its reload time is very long. It also appears as a mounted weapon in some levels.
This weapon is the German light machine gun in multiplayer. It is largely the same as the other light machine guns, in the fact that it fires from a 75-round belt and deals high damage with high accuracy, but has a long reload time. It has a higher rate of fire than the other light machine guns, but with less damage than the M1919. However, its damage is the same as the DP-28 Soviet light machine gun. It can kill in one shot to the head or three shots to the body.
Call of Duty 2: Big Red One
- "This German medium MG was often used for anti-aircraft while mounted on a tripod. It jammed easily when dirty. 7.92mm caliber 75-round drum."
- — Description
This weapon is found in the level An Easy Detail and Farewell to Friends. It is similar to the M1919A6 .30 cal, in the sense that the playable character immediately goes prone and mounts the bipod when aiming down its sights, though mounting it takes much longer than the M1919A6. It can also be mounted on small obstacles, like through a window or in a bunker. It has a 75 round drum magazine, a high rate of fire, and high power, as it can take down an enemy in a few shots.
Call of Duty 3
- "Maschinengewehr 34. 7.92mm LMG. Adopted for squad support roles by the German army in 1934. 7.92mm rifle cartridge belt or drum fed. 900 rounds per minute. Effective range of 1000 meters."
- — In-game description
The MG34 appears in Call of Duty 3.
The MG34 is only available for the Axis. It performs near-identically to the M1919A6, including the fact that the playable character automatically drops to the prone position whenever they aim down the sights. The MG34 has somewhat clearer iron sights than the M1919A6, making it easier to use at longer ranges. The reload time is quicker than the M1919A6's. However, when using the bipod, deployment time is slower than the M1919A6.
Call of Duty: World at War
Call of Duty: Black Ops III
Call of Duty: WWII
The MG 34 returns in Call of Duty: WWII as a mounted weapon.
MG 34 machine guns are seen mounted on German Panzer IV tanks.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
- "Fully automatic weapon with a high rate of fire and punishing 7.92 Mauser ammunition. Salvaged WW2 machine guns are still reliable and deadly on the battlefield."
- — Description
The MG34 reappears in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
The MG34 is the last LMG to be unlocked by ranking up at level 49. The MG34 offers average damage in its class and sub par handling traits with an ADS speed of 340ms. Its fast fire rate does however ensure targets go down fast which comes at the cost of a small belt size with 50 rounds and an extremely poor reload speed of 8.7 seconds. These traits make a larger ammo belt and sleight of hand good choices to improve its performance. The MG34 also has a very predictable recoil pattern with most of it being vertical recoil making it easy to control even against long range targets.
- CQB Breacher Device
- Flash Guard
- Muzzle Brake
- Lightweight Suppressor (Level 18)
- Tactical Suppressor (Level 27)
- Compensator (Level 40)
- Monolithic Suppressor (Level 51)
- Operator Reflex Sight
- Corp Combat Holo Sight
- Aim-Op Reflex Sight
- G.I. Mini Reflex
- Scout Combat Optic
- APX5 Holographic Sight (Level 17)
- Cronen LP945 Mini Reflex (Level 21)
- Integral Hybrid (Level 24)
- Solozero NVG Enhanced (Level 30)
- VLK 3.0x Optic (Level 31)
- Viper Reflex Sight (Level 34)
- Merc Thermal Optic (Level 37)
- Thermal Hybrid (Level 41)
- Cronen C480 Pro Optic (Level 44)
- Monocle Reflex Sight (Level 46)
- Canted Hybrid (Level 50)
- PBX Holo 7 Sight (Level 52)
- Solozero Optics Mini Reflex (Level 55)
- Sniper Scope (Level 57)
- FORGE TAC Stalker
- FORGE TAC Ultralight (Level 29)
- No Stock (Level 35)
- FSS Close Quarters Stock (Level 45)
- Merc Foregrip
- Bipod (Level 16)
- Commando Foregrip (Level 20)
- Tactical Foregrip (Level 32)
- Operator Foregrip (Level 49)
- Ranger Foregrip (Level 54)
- Heavy Hitter
- Fast Melee
- Frangible - Disabling (Level 22)
- FMJ (Level 28)
- Sleight of Hand (Level 38)
- Mo' Money (Level 42)
- Fully Loaded (Level 47)
- Frangible - Wounding (Level 53)
|Name blueprint||Rarity||How to obtain|
|Gold Star||Common||2v2 Gunfight Tournament reward Black Ops Cold War Season 1|
|Buster||Rare||Bundle First Hunt|
|Snake Beckons||Rare||Bundle Venomous|
|BLOWtorch||Rare||Battle Pass Modern Warfare Season 2 Tier 38|
|Cipher||Rare||Bundle Prototype 17|
|Buzzkill||Epic||Bundle Viking Burial II|
|Lucky Strike||Epic||Multiplayer Mission Dilettante|
|The Grind||Epic||Multiplayer Mission Arcane Secret Loadout|
|Grounded||Legendary||Bundle Get Winged|
|Rockwall||Legendary||Bundle Stone Warrior|
|Copper Spray||Legendary||Bundle Copperhead|
|Plankwalker||Legendary||Bundle The Buccaneer|
|Iridescent||Legendary||Battle Pass Modern Warfare Season 5 Tier 51|
- Call of Duty 3 Bonus Materials