Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Mobilized
The MP7 is also featured in multiplayer, being a usable submachine gun for the Coalition faction from the start, being one of its three pre-unlocked weapons (the others being the MP5 and the M4). The MP7 has very low recoil and a high rate of fire as well as the clearest ironsights (almost identical to that of a pistol, though bigger); that coupled with a 40-round magazine make this gun the best to start with.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
- "The MP7 performs as a middle option between the SMG and Assault Rifle classes. Clear iron sights, low recoil and a 40-round magazine allow you to tackle mid-range encounters without running for cover, and a good fire rate handles well in close quarters situations."
- — Call of Duty: Elite description
The MP7 is unlocked at level 74 in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 multiplayer, and is the last SMG unlocked. The MP7 features the second highest magazine capacity of 40 rounds, second only to the P90's 50 round magazine, and has a moderately high rate of fire as well as moderate power and very low recoil. It also has slightly higher damage at range compared to most SMGs, killing in five shots rather than six. All these features together allow the MP7 to be a reliable close combat weapon, as well as an effective long range weapon when needed. Its low recoil, high magazine capacity, and slightly higher damage at range makes it a SMGs and Assault Rifle hybrid, with SMG handling and Assault Rifle versatility.
The MP7's iron sights are very clear, reducing the need for an optic, though its idle sway can certainly throw off the player's aim. As such, the proficiencies Stability or Range are recommended to either reduce sway or to make the shots that do connect more effective. A suitable attachment for the MP7 would be Extended Mags , as it increases the magazine size to 60, only beaten by the P90 's 75. With this attachment equipped, one could go on a 6-8 killstreak with out reloading (taking in considerations for extra/missed shots). It also means that Sleight of Hand isn't necessary, and being able to opt for something such as Extreme Conditioning or Blind Eye could be much more useful. Another useful trait of the MP7 is that it has the best swap times in its category, meaning that it can be used as a secondary in a Overkill class with a long range weapon such as the MK14 or a Sniper Rifle.
The MP7 is available for both Survival and Mission modes.
The MP7 is available in Survival Mode at level 13 and costs $2000. The MP7 is extremely effective, its high rate of fire and low recoil, added with the low level unlock makes it popular. Its large magazine is good for dispatching large amounts of enemies, as well as taking on Juggernauts. It has plenty of range making it comparable to an assault rifle. The MP7 remains effective up to the point where heavy commando troops arrive.
- Red Dot Sight - Unlocked at weapon level 2.
- Silencer - Unlocked at weapon level 5.
- Rapid Fire - Unlocked at weapon level 11.
- ACOG Scope - Unlocked at weapon level 16.
- Holographic Sight - Unlocked at weapon level 19.
- HAMR Scope - Unlocked at weapon level 22.
- Extended Mags - Unlocked at weapon level 24.
- Thermal Scope - Unlocked at weapon level 26.
- Kick - Unlocked at weapon level 4.
- Range - Unlocked at weapon level 9.
- Attachments - Unlocked at weapon level 12.
- Focus - Unlocked at weapon level 15.
- Melee - Unlocked at weapon level 21.
- Stability - unlocked at weapon level 28.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3: Defiance
The MP7 returns again in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3: Defiance, and is identical in aspect, stats and performance to the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Mobilized variant, despite having a different HUD icon and a bit more recoil.
- The MP7 is one of the few weapons that are available in Special Ops but not in the campaign; others include the AS50, the Barrett .50cal, the Stinger and the M320 GLM.
- The MP7's killfeed icon is more compressed compared to the pickup icon due to a scaling error in the weapon files.
- Despite pre-release statements saying the MP7 had low damage, in game it kills with the same amount of bullets as other SMGs at close range, and actually takes fewer bullets to kill at longer ranges.
- In Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3: Defiance, the MP7's HUD icon looks more like the MP7 variant in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. However, the actual model of the gun looks more like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Mobilized's counterpart.
- In Call of Duty ELITE it is said that Stability is unlocked for this weapon at Weapon Level 25, while it is actually unlocked at 28. MP7 is the only weapon with this trait.
- When reloading, it is possible to notice that the magazine is completely solid. This is similar to the M4A1, the M16A4, and the L118A.
- In Mobilized and Defiance, the player appears to hold the MP7's grip very loosely.
- The Rapid Fire attachment on the MP7 has the least effect as it only increases rate of fire by 11% while other submachine guns and light machine guns with Rapid Fire have an increase of 23% to 33%.