It is possible to find good cover here, but this map equally displays open areas, where the player can pose as an easy target if not fully aware of one's surroundings. This map is also fairly dark in contrast, so the atmosphere is usually that of stealth.
- This map, along with Castle and Roundhouse, was playable in the Call of Duty: World at War Beta.
- If a player spawns and then immediately goes to the hut connected to the bridge and looks at the table below the first window to the left, a fish stabbed onto the table with a Hitler Youth Knife can be seen.
- If the player goes by the "temple" in the north part of the map, chimes can be heard as well as a bell left of the temple.
- In the patch released on February 26, 2009, a map called Makin Day was a bonus add-on with the patch. It is a daytime version of Makin with a few new features and low tide.
- In a patch, the building next to the IJA spawn's ladder has been removed due to camping issues.
- This is still present in the daytime version.
- In Spectator mode, if the player goes into the water beyond the fence and stays there for about 30 seconds, the sound of gasping for breath is heard.
- There is an interactive scenery piece across the roundhouse from the treehouse. There will be clothing racks. If the player keeps shooting at one of them, it will act like a swing.
- In Spectator mode, if one hovers right above the water inside the map, the water will disappear.
- Next to the main hut, there are boards on the fence that look like they spell out AHK.
- While in Spectator Mode, it is possible to hear noises in the ocean that resemble dolphin calls
- This map was used by developers for Nazi Zombies testing.
- ↑ nazi_zombie_makin.gsc