- "Saved countless lives during a hospital siege in 2nd Chechen War. Placed on extended psychiatric leave. Accrued several arrest warrants across SE Asia. Called back into service by Cpt Bale to expel Al Qatala from Verdansk."
- — In-game Biography
Sergeant Maxim Ivanovich Bale, codename Minotaur, is a Spetsnaz operator for the Allegiance faction featured in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Minotaur is unlocked by achieving 300 Assault Rifle kills in multiplayer
During the Second Chechen War, Minotaur saved countless lives during the Kurbanov Hospital siege in 2009. He witnessed the wounding of his brother and was falsely informed of his death. Blaming himself for the "death" of his brother, Maxim was discharged for psychological trauma.
Minotaur spent the following 10 years joining different PMC groups operating in Southeast Asia under the name "Sergei Krovopuskov". During that time, he accrued several arrest warrants for felonies in Cambodia, Laos and Thailand.
He was tracked down by his brother in July 2019 and joined the Allegiance in November the same year.
In March 2020, Al-Qatala's new leader Khaled Al-Asad launched a full-scale assault against Verdansk in Kastovia. Operators from Coalition and Allegiance were deployed to Verdansk to stop Al-Qatala as part of the Armistice initiative.
- Minotaur's blood type is AB-.
- Minotaur's vision is 19/20.
- Minotaur's dossier is found in Operation Paladin.
- Minotaur's All Business skin heavily resembles Nikolai.
- Minotaur's Guns Out skin heavily resembles the outfit of J-12 with a palette swap.
- Furthermore, the 2 characters share similar Russian-style prison tattoos.