- "Ahh... At last. The darkness is at an end! I live again! I knew my friend will not fail me ... Wait. Something is wrong... I can no longer touch, no longer feel! What have you done Richtofen?!"
- — Ludvig Maxis upon building the drone
The Maxis Drone is a buildable automated Quadrotor within the Zombies map Origins. It holds the brain of Doctor Ludvig Maxis, who can speak through the drone. Once deployed, it will fly around the player shooting nearby zombies, acquiring Power-Ups and reviving downed players. The Maxis Drone's weapon is the MG08/15. It will last about 90 seconds before it needs to recharge and returns to the workbench it was built at, unable to be picked up by the player until it recharges.
Richtofen has removed Maxis' brain, saying he succumbed to the sickness, as his mind went completely corrupted by Samantha's voice that has consumed him. However, as seen by quotes, Maxis in his drone form is still affected by Samantha, saying she is the key, and that she must be released.
Little Lost Girl
- "We must free Samantha from her prison!"
- — Ludvig Maxis, when using the Maxis Drone
After the Giants break the concrete seal near Generator 5 with the beacon grenade, the player has to activate the Maxis drone as close as possible to the hole made in the ground. The Maxis drone will then fly inside the hole, releasing a bunch of Panzersoldats. It will no longer spawn in its station until obtained again through the easter egg.
In the following step, players have to kill a pilot zombie that can be seen only in Zombie Blood. After killing it, the Maxis Drone will be dropped and can be picked up. It will then become upgraded.
In the final part of the Easter Egg, after opening the portal in the Crazy Place, the players can use the Maxis Drone to end the game and get to the cutscene, although not required to obtain the Achievement/Trophy. In order to do so, the player has to activate the Maxis Drone to the middle of the room of the Crazy Place. This will cause the Maxis drone to fly into the portal in the sky, not being able to use the Maxis Drone again. Doing so will trigger a beam of light, activating a portal for Primis to be used. While flying to the portal, Maxis says:
- "Samantha, I must go to her! The Paradox must be resolved."
- — Ludvig Maxis, when flying to the portal in the end of the easter egg.
Location of Parts
- Brain: Always on a table on the lower floor of the starting room, next to the stairs up to Generator 1.
- In the Ice Tunnel, near Generator 6, in front of the portal to the Crazy Place.
- Near the crossbone sign on the tank's muddy pathway to Generator 4
- Near the crossbone sign on the tank's muddy pathway to Generator 5.
- Near the very bottom of the Excavation Site, on top of a box on a scaffolding next to a lever
- On top of the Excavation Site near the Pack a Punch
- In the Excavation Site around the Secret Entrance
Free Magna Collider
The Maxis Drone can be used to obtain an upgraded MG08/15, named Magna Collider. To do so, the Maxis drone has to collect four small yellow disks located around the map: When the player is next to the disk locations, the drone will fly to it and collect it. Once all four have been located, The Maxis Drone will drop the Magna Collider in front of the Pack-a-Punch Machine able to be picked up by anyone.
Here are the locations of the four yellow plates:
- On the destroyed roof beside Generator 5.
- Just outside the spawn room door to Generator 2 there will be a hole in the trenches with flaming debris. At the end you'll see the yellow disc.
- On the roof of the broken church, in the tank path heading towards Generator 4.
- On top of the scaffold above the Excavation site entrance closest to the church.
- Little Lost Girl (75 /Silver Trophy ) - In Origins, release Samantha.
- Saving the Day... All Day (20 /Bronze Trophy ) - In Origins, revive another player four different ways in one game.
- When the Maxis Drone is reviving the player who threw it, it will show the player as reviving themselves, similar to using Quick Revive on Solo.
- When reviving another player, it will show the player who threw it as the one reviving them.
- There is a cut quote of the Maxis drone, saying in the end of the Easter Egg "The Loop must be closed" instead of "The Paradox must be Resolved".
- Regardless, other characters such as Samantha mention the loop in Origins.
- In Der Eisendrache, a radio from Groph details that guards near the M.P.D. hear from the voice of Ludvig Maxis saying "I must go to her. The loop must be closed". The voice cannot be heard by external recordings, suggesting they hear the voice in their minds, from the events of Origins.