The Maxis Drone is seen in the Call of Duty: Black Ops II Zombies map Origins. It is a buildable automated quadrotor. Once deployed, it will fly around the player shooting nearby zombies,acquiring pick-ups and reviving downed players. It will last about 90 seconds before it needs to recharge and returns to the workbench you built it at, unable to be picked up by the player until it recharges. It is also needed to collect 4 small yellow disks located around the map, which when the player is next to the disk locations the drone will fly to the disk and collect it. Once all four have been located, there is an upgraded MG08/15 in front of the Pack-a-Punch Machine able to be picked up by anyone.
It can be upgraded during the events of the Little Lost Girl easter egg. After shooting down the red glowing biplane, a phantom zombie will start to circle the excavation site. It will only become visible when the player obtains Zombie Blood. After killing it, the Maxis Drone will respawn and can be picked up. It will be sent back to the recharging station where its built in gun is now Pack-a-Punched.
Location of parts
- On a table on the lower floor of the starting room
- In the Ice Tunnel, near a generator in front of the gateway
- Near the crossbone sign on the tank's pathway at the Church
- Near the crossbone sign on the returning path for the tank.
- Near the very bottom of the Excavation Site, on top of a box on a scaffolding next to a lever
- On top of the Excavation Site near the Pack a Punch
- In the Excavation Site around the Secret Entrance
- The Maxis Drone is Dr. Maxis' new body, meaning that his original body has died due to the sickness and Richtofen preserved what remained of his mind.