- "Escape your captors and save as many hostages as possible."
- — Level Description
The mission was included in the ELITE Drops 4, 5 and 6, which was released on March 13, 2012 for Premium ELITE Xbox 360 players and was released, along with the other maps, on March 20, 2012 for non-Elite Xbox 360 players. It was made available for PlayStation 3 Premium ELITE subscribers on April 12, 2012. It was released for non-ELITE PS3 users on April 20, 2012. Negotiator and the rest of Content Collection 1, were released for PC on May 8, 2012.
The mission starts with different points of views depending on which player, if playing in co-op.
First Player's Point of View
The First player, along with some hostages will be held captive by two Russian Commandos, the player needs to go up to the soldier standing by the door and take the Desert Eagle in his holster by holding the "use" button. The commandos will react to it, so the player needs to quickly kill them. The player can pick up the AK-47 dropped by the soldiers. Hostages in another building will also be executed, this building also holds the second player if playing on Co-op. The player then needs to head to that building and breach it (before the second player is executed on Co-op). After killing all the commandos, the gameplay will go to both players' point of view. This gameplay is also done on Single Player.
Second Player's Point of View
The Second Player, along with some hostages are also being held captive by five Russian Commandos. This player will be unable to do anything, while watching hostages being executed by a Russian soldier. The First Player will breach a door and the Russian soldier that is executing the hostages will be killed and his Desert Eagle will fly out of his hand. The Player needs to press and hold the "use" button to catch the gun. After receiving the Desert Eagle, the player can use it to help their partner and kill the remaining soldiers. After that, the gameplay will go to both players' point of view. This gameplay is only done on Co-op.
Both players' Point of View
The now reunited player(s) must fight their way to reach and defuse a bomb. As the players breach and fight through the streets, multiple civilians can be seen. When the player reaches a courtyard and breaches it, there is a bomb to be defused. Afterwards, the player(s) breach a final room, kill three commandos and end the mission successfully.
Neither of the players will begin with a weapon, but for the first player, the enemies will not notice them until they take the Desert Eagle from the soldier. The second player will receive a Desert Eagle when the first player breaches the building they're in.
|Found in level|
These weapons can be found with and without attachments.
Shotgun Diplomacy (15 / Bronze trophy ) - Complete the Special Ops mission Negotiator on any difficulty.
Skilled Negotiator (25 / Silver trophy ) - Complete the Special Ops mission Negotiator on Veteran difficulty.
Not on My Watch (35 / Silver trophy ) - Rescue all the hostages in the Special Ops mission Negotiator.
- The achievement for rescuing all the hostages is worth 35 , just like the number of hostages.
- A DShK turret can be found and used in this level, near the middle of the mission. Is it found after both players breach the first room (not the one where the first player saves the second) and just before going under the arch.
- If the player waits too long to defuse the bomb in the courtyard, enemy troops will target hostages. However, if the player defuses the bomb promptly after finishing the breach, hostages will not be targeted. This is important when going for the trophy/achievement to save all hostages.
- Various enemies can be seen carrying RPG-7's, however when they are killed they cannot be picked up, and simply disappear.