Neversoft was an American video game developer, founded in 1994 by Joel Jewett, Mick West and Chris Ward. Neversoft is best recognized for their line of Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk skateboarding games. The company was acquired by Activision in October 1999. In 2011, Neversoft worked on the Special Ops Chaos mode in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. In 2013, Neversoft assisted Infinity Ward in the tenth installment of the Call of Duty franchise, Call of Duty: Ghosts in the development of the Extinction gamemode. Following the gamemode's success, Activision subsequently merged Neversoft with Infinity Ward in May 2014.
- Neversoft's icon is a prestige icon in Extinction.
- The Neversoft icon can be earned in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3's multiplayer.
- In the Extinction map Exodus, if the player goes into an office building in the right side of the map, upstairs and facing the left corner, there is an Eyeball being impaled with a Harpoon. This is a direct reference to Neversoft Studio, who helped create Extinction mode.
- The Multiplayer map Showtime is shaped like an eye with a harpoon through it, also a direct reference to Neversoft Studio.
- In Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, the Neversoft icon is available as an accessory.
- After they merged with Infinity Ward, most of their team went on to develop Zombies for Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, which contains references to their previous work from Extinction.