- "In 'Nightfire', players take to the streets of a war-ravaged Berlin with only the flames of the burning city to expose the enemy."
- — Level description
Nightfire is a multiplayer map available via the first Call of Duty: World at War map pack which was released on February 11, 2009. It is set in the streets of Berlin with the opposing sides being the Wehrmacht and the Red Army. Fire-bombed Berlin provides the backdrop for “Nightfire", an intense battlefield for mid to large-scale team games. Shelled buildings and ruins of the city provide coverage among the war-ravaged streets, and the flames of the burning city expose the enemy running through the night. Fight for your life knowing that this fiery urban battlefield may soon be your grave. This map is the same as the campaign mission, "Eviction"; the Zombies map, Der Riese is also based on this map.
- In an interview with Community Manager Josh Olin, Nightfire was originally meant to be released as an original map on the disk. Due to lack of time, the level was near completion and left off the retail disc, only to reappear in the first DLC map pack. (Map Pack 1)
- On spectator mode, if one "floats" upward above and outside the town, two smoke stacks are floating in mid air with nothing supporting them. This was most likely added to give players on the ground the effect of a factory in the distance.
- The player can hear a man on a radio, or loud speaker, talking by the Wehrmacht spawn area. This also be heard, near the building with 234 above the door.
- The console codename for this map is in German.
- Around the map there are many posters showing a Hitler Youth soldier.