Call of Duty: Black OpsEdit
- "A gas grenade that blurs vision, impairs movement, and damages health over time."
- — Description of Nova Gas in Create a Class 2.0
The Nova Gas acts similar to Tabun Gas or Concussion Grenades, albeit with a damaging effect. Players receive thirteen damage per second spent in the gas, and it takes eight "hits" with the gas for a player with 100% health to die. The gas does however dissipate very quickly so players inside the gas almost never die unless they are already wounded, trapped, or both.
Players with Tactical Mask equipped are not affected by Nova Gas.
Call of Duty OnlineEdit
The Nova Gas grenade makes a reappearance in Call of Duty Online.
- The pre-release description of the grenade states that the player would begin with two gas grenades; the retail version only allows one, and the description was changed to match.
- A thrown Nova canister says "Tabun Gas" on the side.
- If Nova Gas is thrown into a puddle, the canister will not release the gas. This also applies to Willy Petes.
- If players throw the canister just before game ends and are in the gas radius, when the gas has worn off the HUD will still be on the screen even though the game ended.