- "Change your reality with this new Coalescence simulation software."
- — Description
Nuk3town is a multiplayer map in Call of Duty: Black Ops III. The map is a Coalescence Corporation simulation based off the original Nuketown and Nuketown 2025 but has been redesigned in ways that utilize the new movement system. Nuk3town was available to users that pre-ordered the game and since March 21, 2016, for everyone for free. This map is unavailable for Xbox 360 and PS3, however.
Easter Eggs[edit | edit source]
The featured Easter Egg on Nuk3town, like its predecessors, involves the mannequins standing and sitting all around the map by shooting off all of their heads within the first two minutes of the game. A bell sound will trigger when it is achieved, and all the mannequins will start walking towards the player like Zombies. A "zombie mannequin" has 100 health like the player, but they do not drop power ups like their organic counterparts. It takes three hits to kill the player, and they can jump to reach upper floors. They will continually spawn until the game ends.
There is a second Easter Egg which also features the mannequins, but this one requires all of the arms to be shot off within the first two minutes of the game. This results in the same outcome where the mannequins become "zombie mannequins," but with one additional gimmick: in a reference to the Weeping Angels from the British TV show "Doctor Who", the mannequin zombies behind the player, or the ones the player doesn't see, will follow them. Also, when the player turns around and looks at them, they freeze completely.
There is also a third easter egg which once again features the mannequins, this easter egg requires the player(s) to shoot off the head and arms of the mannequins around the map within the first two minutes of the game. The mannequins would act like the second easter egg but instead in overwhelming numbers just like the first easter egg.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The map was leaked via Brazil PlayStation on their store. This detail was removed shortly thereafter.
- The RC-XD secret passage found in previous iterations of the map is not present in this version.
- The map has a unique outro cutscene: a nuke is seen going off, blowing some things in its path away and pixelizing others. Then, the screen turns black and reads "NUK3TOWN OFFLINE."
- Like with Nuketown and Nuketown 2025, the mailboxes in front of the houses says "HENDRICKS" and "CORVUS", referencing the two antagonists of the campaign.
- The original Nuketown sign can be found in the house with the Corvus mailbox in front of it.
- Figurines of some of the mannequin models from Nuketown 2025 as well as a toy version of one of the red cars in said map can be found in the second floor of the house with the Hendricks mailbox in front of it.
References[edit | edit source]