Game Modes AvailableEdit
In Call of Duty 4: Modern WarfareEdit
- Old-School Free-for-All
In Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered Edit
Differences from normal gamemodesEdit
Old School introduces the following changes:
- Players cannot choose preset or custom classes. They all start with a Skorpion and an M9.
- There are sprites (yellow glows containing items) around the map which have weapons, equipment or perks that the players can pick up. Once a player picks up a weapon or perk from a sprite, it turns red, then the sprite regenerates the same weapon, perk, or equipment after a set period of time.
- All weapons have double the size of the magazine, except for the PC version of the original Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare where the player does not get more ammo.
- Players have double health. Two knife hits are required to kill a full health player.
- Unlimited Sprint.
- Players can jump twice the normal height and falling damage is negated. Many players use this to get out of the map more easily.
- When killed, players get wildly pushed into the air.
- This game mode is much like a typical arena shooter. The name "Old School" most likely refers to earlier days of FPS games in which players had significantly more health than in CoD games, and often had to pick up weapons from the floor.
- Interestingly, same-tier perks can be added together in this mode in a way not found in the rest of the game. For example, in District, the player can pick up both Stopping Power and Double Tap at the same time, or Last Stand with Martyrdom.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.