- "A western-style re-imagining of the fan favorite map Standoff from Call of Duty: Black Ops II. This rough-and-tough medium-sized map brings classic engagements, flanking routes and strategic positions for long and medium ranged combat."
- — Map description
- "Fan favorite "Standoff", re-imagined as a rough-and-tough western themed town. Yeehaw partner!!"
- — In-game description
Outlaw is a multiplayer map in Call of Duty: Black Ops III DLC pack Salvation. It is a remake of the fan-favorite map Standoff from Call of Duty: Black Ops II. It returned in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 in the Blackout mode as a part of Ghost Town.
Being a remake of Standoff, the layout is similar to that map. There are many windows in the upper floors of the buildings that can be used as sniping locations. There are also plenty of cover on the streets itself, as well as small paths off the main road that players can use as shortcuts to navigate around the map.
To the south of the map is the main entrance. To the right of it is an orange building called the Majestic Hotel, with a window that players can use to snipe other players down the street. The players can access this area through the lobby, or by jumping on top of the carts on the streets.
There is a manor building in the center of the map with 2 entrances, one in the front and one in the back. Players can also go upstairs, where there is a window that can be used as a sniping location.
Ace's Saloon is a blue building to the west of the map. The front door is blocked off, with the only entrances being to doors at the side of the building. At the top floor is yet another window with a good sightline of the main road, as well as a window to the side that has been busted open, allowing players to make a quick getaway should they be spotted.
Grave Hill Depot and barn
Two buildings to the north of the map. Grave Hill Depot has a back entrance and a side entrance, and players can climb upstairs to access a window that has a clear view of the street. The barn is a small building to the right of the depot, which can only be accessed via a tight back alley. The tight areas can be dangerous to navigate due to not having a lot of room to maneuver.
- The map makes many references to the movie series Back to the Future. A few of these include the clock time, the train and the flux capacitor.
- The map features a cipher that also appears in the Zombies map Gorod Krovi. The cipher is still unsolved.
- There is a steam train that occasionally pass by. It can be seen to the north of the map, with the whistle being able to be heard throughout the entire map.