The Panzer Soldat (German for Armoured Soldier) is an enemy that appears in the Call of Duty: Black Ops II Zombies map Origins. It takes the appearance of a zombie in an armoured suit, and will jump in from outside the map boundries using a rocket pack to attack players. It is very tough to kill, and is armed with a Flamethrower and a giant claw to grapple players.
The Panzer Soldat takes the appearance of a orange/yellowish-eyed zombie in a large armoured suit. The suit has a built-in flamethrower on the right, and a claw on the left, which can be shot to grab players from a distance, as well as a rocket pack on its back and smaller rocket thrusters on the back of its boots. It has a highly visible bright light on its forehead, much like Brutus. There is also an unusually large amount of condensation on its visor. The suit's mask is similar to the Face Screen of the Zombie Shield.
The Panzer Soldat has multiple attacks and is a formidable foe in any situation. Its flamethrower attack has low range, but deals moderate damage and impairs its target's vision with flames. Its other ranged attack is its claw, which is shot out of its left arm and can grab one player at a time. While a player is grabbed, he/she is vulnerable to zombie strikes and will be slowly pulled towards the Panzer Soldat. Once the target is within range, the Panzer Soldat will attack him/her with its flamethrower. It is possible to free yourself or another player caught in its claw by shooting the part of its arm the claw was fired from. It also has a powerful melee attack which can down a player with Juggernog in two hits and a player without Juggernog in one hit.
- Its suit shows signs of damage, such as cracked glass on its visor.
- Despite being very strong, the Panzer Soldat is still affected by Insta-Kill, making it only one shot to kill as long as the shot comes in contact with its skin, and not the suit.
- It first appears on round 8, and will reappear every three rounds for multiplayer and four rounds for singleplayer.
- He will only appear if No Man's Land is open.
- It is easy to tell if one is around, as it constantly makes noise and its footsteps can by felt by any player within close range.
- In-game quotes reveal that the creator of the Panzer Soldat's armored suit is Edward Richtofen.
- Richtofen also reveals that the suit's operator was infected during the dig in a separate quote.
- It is not affected by Monkey Bombs.
- This marks the second time in which a zombie uses a ranged weapon (flamethrower) instead of a melee attack, with the first being the Avogadro with its electric bolt.
- It appears to shake its head while using the flamethrower on a player caught in its grappling claw.
- It cannot be damaged from behind.
- A common bug may occur where it will chase a player and suddenly stop and stand still.
- Also, if the player(s) get on the Mark IV Tank while it is chasing them, it may not start chasing them for several minutes after they get off the tank.
- While it is idle, it will slowly move its arms as well as look to its left and back again.
- An alarm will sounds after the beginning of a round to signify the arrival of the Panzer Soldat.
- The player can outrun the Panzer Soldat with Stamin-Up.