The Pentagon Thief is an enemy who appears in the Zombie map "Five". His objective is to steal players' weapons.
The Pentagon Thief was a scientist working in the Pentagon. He used his clearance to gain access to the Wunderwaffe materials the army had confiscated from Der Riese. Like Richtofen, he was an Illuminati agent. Using a teleporter, he traveled back in time and gathered zombies. He then tried to brainwash the zombies with Soviet mind control technology that the Pentagon had somehow gotten a hold of in an attempt to make them controllable. How he became zombified himself is unknown.
The Pentagon Thief will teleport on to the map at certain rounds after the power has been turned on and will attempt to steal players' weapons. However, he cannot hurt the players. When he steals a player's weapon, he teleports that player to the labs. If he is killed after stealing a player's weapon, he drops a Max Ammo and a Fire Sale, and gives players their stolen weapons back. If he did not take any guns, the achievement/trophy Hands Off the Merchandise is unlocked, and he drops a Max Ammo and a Bonfire Sale. If he is not killed before he steals all the players weapons, a Max Ammo is placed in the electricity room.
- At the only barricade in the Weapons Testing Lab there is a pair of goggles and a small pool of blood. This might be where the technician "turned" into a zombie.
- The Thief's body is covered in mathematical equations and images, including the Eye of Providence. This indicates that the thief may somehow be connected to the Illuminati.
- The Pentagon Thief is the first enemy in the zombie mode that cannot hurt the player directly
- The red glow emitted by the thief is made up of the same numbers as in the single player campaign.
- He is only visible for the player which he's targeting and players he might have already stolen weapons from, but the others are free to shoot him (even though he's just a fog).
- The Ballistic Knife is an instant kill on him during low rounds.
- On the strap of the Thief's bag, there is an Illuminati code that reads "living dead".
- If the player is downed, the Pentagon Thief will still steal his weapon, however instead of stealing the player's pistol, he will steal the weapon the player was using last before downed. The player will still have to be revived, however the player will act as if he weren't downed at all.
- If the player has only one gun and the Thief steals it, the player will be left with no weapons except for the knife.
- The Thief starts out with a slow walk when he enters the map. If someone shoots him or he spots a player, he breaks out into a fast sprint that makes him the fastest enemy in zombies.
- If he's killed with Insta-Kill on, he will only drop a Max ammo, never a Bonfire-Sale.