The Pentagon Thief is an enemy who appears in the Zombie map "Five". He has the ability to steal player's weapons.
The Pentagon Thief will teleport on to the map at certain rounds after the power has been turned on and will attempt to steal players' weapons. However, he cannot hurt the players. When he steals a player's weapon, he teleports that player to the labs. If he is killed after stealing a player's weapon, he drops a Max Ammo and a Fire Sale, and gives players their stolen weapons back. If he did not take any guns, the achievement/trophy Hands Off the Merchandise is unlocked, and he drops a Max Ammo and a Bonfire Sale. If he is not killed before he steals all the players weapons, a Max Ammo is placed in the electricity room.
- The Pentagon Thief is the first enemy in the zombie mode that cannot hurt the player directly.
- The red glow emitted by the thief is made up of the same numbers as in the campaign.
- He is only visible for the player which he's targeting and players he might have already stolen weapons from, but the others are free to shoot him (even though he's just fog).
- The Ballistic Knife is an instant kill on him during low rounds.
- On the strap of the Thief's bag, there is an Illuminati code that reads "living dead".
- If the player is downed, the Pentagon Thief will still steal one's weapon, however instead of stealing the player's pistol, he will steal the weapon the player was using last before downed. The player will still have to be revived, however, the player will act as if not having been downed at all.
- If the player has only one gun and the Thief steals it, the player will be left with no weapons except for the knife.
- The Thief starts out with a slow walk when he enters the map. If someone shoots him or he spots a player, he breaks out into a fast sprint.
- If he's killed with Insta-Kill on, he will only drop a Max ammo, never a Bonfire-Sale. (Co-op only)
- The Thief has the same drawing on his head as Clarke in the mission numbers
- As seen in this video, the Thief can steal a Death Machine. The power-up icon will then instantly disappear and player will not lose any other weapons.
- If the player attempts to kill the Thief with one of the traps, the Thief will not go through the traps. He will just go on the opposite side of the trap to avoid getting hit.