Personal Decorator is an achievement/trophy in Call of Duty: Black Ops III. It requires the player to earn all decorations in the campaign, meaning all the medals in the display case of the safe house. These decorations include some very difficult tasks as well as many time-consuming ones, leading this achievement/trophy to be one of the most difficult in the entire series.
Master of Arms
Master of Arms requires the player to earn all campaign weapons, attachments, and camos. This means 650 kills for every primary weapon as well as 150 kills for every secondary weapon. War Machine and Annihilator do not have any unlocks, but still require 300 and 150 kills (respectively), most likely due to a bug.
Several farming locations for the medal:
- In Rise & Fall, in the part where the Player and Hendricks assist the Egyptian Army in closing off the eastern checkpoint by blowing up the underground pathways with a Spike Launcher. During this section, enemies will rapidly spawn in from the opposite side in infinite amounts until the player progresses through the mission.
- In Life, in the entry arena to the Coalescence facility, where many robots are surrounding the area. The arena contains a few building where Robots endlessly spawn through a machine. This is an easy-to-handle spot, however the experience becomes very monotone. The constant flow of Talons is useful for achieving kills with the BlackCell and XM-53 launchers.
- In Hypocenter, in the boss fight against Diaz, gunless robots endlessly spawn if the player does not progress through the fight and throws the grenade within the device. The robots are easy to handle, and there are internal checkpoints within the fight, however the main disadvantage is that this arena appears in the very end of the mission, which is rather long.
Important tips and information:
- Dying will reset any weapon progression since the last checkpoint.
- Saving and quitting a mission will not reset kills, only mission progress.
- The player can use the lobby's Leaderboard to track the amount of kills he made overall, and thus approximate the amount of kills with the used weapon.
- It is recommended to pursue this decoration after completing almost every other decoration, as it is unavoidable to make some progress towards other decorations. Regardless, it is recommended to use and switch to weapons that have not been completed.
Dedicated to Excellence
Dedicated to Excellence requires the player to fully upgrade all Cyber Cores. While playing through the campaign, the player will earn Fabrication Kits from completing missions on different difficulty levels as well as from certain Accolades. There are three trees of Cyber Cores - Martial, Chaos and Control - and each of these trees have seven abilities. Every ability requires two Fabrication Kits to unlock and upgrade, and once all abilities in every tree is upgraded, the decoration is awarded.
the Cyber Cores are unlocked and upgraded through the Cyber Core station within the Safe House.
Armament Superiority requires the player to unlock and purchase all Weapons, Lethals, Tacticals, and Tactical Rigs. As explained above, Fabrication Kits are obtained by completing missions on different difficulty levels as well as from certain Accolades. There are 25 weapons to unlock (as the first of each category is unlocked by default), five Lethals, two Tacticals and six tactical rigs, leaving a total of 38 Fabrication Kits needed.
The required items are unlocked though the Armory station within the Safe House.
Heroic Service requires the player to complete the campaign on the Veteran difficulty. This decoration is also unlocked if the campaign is completed on Realistic difficulty.
Legendary Service requires the player to complete the campaign on the Realistic difficulty. Tips to obtain the medals are as follows:
- It is recommended to complete the campaign on a lower difficulty first to get a better knowledge on mission layouts and objectives.
- Achieving first level 20 is helpful as it unlocks the ability to use all Cyber Core trees in a mission as opposed to choosing one beforehand.
- The Cyber Core ability Firefly Swarm is very useful, as applying it automatically kills human enemies without coming in contact with them. It also damages and distracts the highly-armored Warlord enemy.
- The Cyber Core ability Enhanced Cacophony is very useful, as it automatically kills unhacked robots with minimal visual contact.
- The Cyber Core ability Remote Hijack is very useful, as the player can assume control of robots, making severe damage to enemies without risking death.
- The Cyber Core ability Active Camo is very useful, as enemies will not attack the player if he doesn't draw attention by shooting them.
- The Tactical Rig Repulsor Armor is very useful as it disarms grenades thrown by enemies on the player. Note that a lot of grenades are thrown at the player while in cover and taking slight damage immediately kill the player.
- Drakon is a very effective weapon for this difficulty level, due to its high damage, relatively high fire rate and accuracy.
- Using DNI Tactical Mode is highly advised, as it gives the player better information in battle and helps survival, notifying the player where enemies are.
- Playing in Co-op is helpful, as players can revive each other when one dies.
After completing all missions on Realistic, the decoration will be rewarded, along with Heroic Service if the player did not have it before.
Immortal Fame requires the player to complete every mission in the game at least once on Veteran difficulty without restarting from a checkpoint. As long as the player doesn't restart from a checkpoint and plays it from start to finish on Veteran, completing the mission will count. It is recommended to also keep track of each mission (such as on a notepad), as the game will not display what missions the player has completed on Veteran without restarting from checkpoint.
Tips for this medal include all tips as above. Notably, Utilizing co-op for this decoration is highly recommended, as the player is allowed to go down for others to revive without it counting as a death.
Chronicler requires the player to locate and collect all the Collectibles in the campaign.
Above and Beyond
Above and Beyond requires the player to complete all accolades for all missions. The accolades are mini-challenges that are specific for each mission. The accolades and their current progress can be found when previewing a mission in the Safe House.
Duty Calls requires the player to complete all campaign challenges. The challenges are the mini-missions that provide Calling Cards. They consist of three categories: Missions, Tools of the Trade and Career.
The challenges in "Missions" should come naturally while going for the Legendary Service and Immortal Fame models, and most of the Career ones should also come while going for other decorations. Some Tools of the Trade challenges come with natural progression of other decorations, and the remaining can be farmed along with the weapon unlocks for Master of Arms.
Due to the challenge "Decorated" (in "Career") being unlocked from the player obtaining 11 decorations, with there being 10 besides this and Full Honors, it will be unlocked once everything else is complete, unlocking this decoration and Full Honors by extension (if it doesn't appear at first, relaunching the game may fix this).
Tried and True
Tried and True requires the player to earn a score of 35,000 in Combat Immersion. For this, it needs to be completed in a timely manner, killing enemies quickly and wasting as little time as possible due to the time bonuses making a big portion of the final score.
Grim Reaper requires the player to neutralize 2,000 hostiles. This will likely be the first decoration earned.
Full Honors requires the player to earn all other campaign decorations.