This is the general discussion page for the wiki!
For information on where to discuss other aspects of the wiki, please see Call of Duty:Community Portal.
Call of Duty Timeline Edit
Perhaps there could be some collaboration on a Call of Duty timeline that lists every mission in its chronological order of execution? I think that would be interesting. --188.8.131.52 13:55, 20 September 2008 (UTC)
Call of Duty:Manual of Style Edit
I am creating Call of Duty:Manual of Style as a base Manual of Style to help out with designing the wiki. You do not have to stick to it, and it's a good idea if it tweaked for this wiki. I'm going to make a few other tweaks around the wiki to help editors. Kirkburn (talk) 22:49, 28 November 2007 (UTC)
Welcome Buttons Edit
I have been going through several different features of Wikia, and noticed one this wiki lacks, but could use. It's a welcome button that would appear on all the blank talk pages of users and IPs. To use it, you would simply click the button (Similar to the character's button you have now) and they would be welcomed. The codes and instructions to do this can be found on my Sandbox and I am open to feedback, thanks. Joey - Talk 03:09, 16 November 2008 (UTC)
- This could be interesting. We should include it, although it is not that hard to do a welcome template... I think in general, what this wiki needs is a more "user-friendly" style. I can help with this to a small extent, but if we are really going to commit to this, I think we want a "helper." Creepydude Sniper Say Some'at Here!
We had Richard1900 and Kirkburn helping us for a while but they seem to have disappeared--Bigm279313:52, 24 December 2008 (UTC)
- Not yet; we should create a list of things that should/could be done and then ask a helper for... Help. :) We should decide whether we are going to do multiple skins, welcome buttons, and I believe there were a few other things. Oh, and I don't suppose we can do anything about those stupid ads spacing articles weirdly can we? For some reason, I cannot see any ads, but the white blank space when I am logged out shows how annoying it is. Can we do anything to help those anons? Creepydude Sniper Say Some'at Here! 17:46, 5 February 2009 (UTC)
- Ok, I'll start work on a list. If anyone has anything at all to add, here is the place. I might even put an announcement so people can drop their suggestions here. Oh, and in regards to the ads, I knew you cannot remove ads, but I know you can move them. There are some sites that have one ad that is a big band across the top of the screen, and I think it looks better because it doesn't eat the page text. But I guess most other wikis are like this... Creepydude Sniper Say Some'at Here! 00:21, 6 February 2009 (UTC)
- Just for an example, the X-Files Wiki, which I stumbled apon while it was a featured wiki. There is one more that I saw, but I cannot remember the one; if I find it, I will put it here. As you can see, that wiki has the ad in a large band across the top of the screen, not in the standard place. Creepydude Sniper Say Some'at Here! 05:02, 6 February 2009 (UTC)
Interesting... Oh well, I guess there isn't anything to do about then. Not that it really makes a difference for me, but I am basically just thinking of ways to make things look better for anons. Speaking of, should I put the gray skin as default for now, or should we have a community vote? On the forum, it appears that everyone says the grey is the best/should be used. If we decide later down the road that we want multiple colour schemes, then we can do that. Creepydude Sniper Say Some'at Here! 05:50, 6 February 2009 (UTC)
If I was you, I would go ahead with the default if there have been no objections, then just ask if anyone has any complaints. At this point, it doesn't appear like a vote is necessary. Joey - Talk Contribs 05:51, 6 February 2009 (UTC)
- By "Go ahead with the default", I'm assuming you mean that I should go ahead and put the grey skin as the standard. Yah, and I'll make an announcement saying that all the users who tested the skin may remove their personal Monaco.css. Creepydude Sniper Say Some'at Here! 06:06, 6 February 2009 (UTC)
I think we need to add an appropriate license to the images. Something that generalized copyrighted media should work. I have a bot if necessary, but this is something we need to do. Joey - Talk Contribs 06:09, 31 January 2009 (UTC)
Kindof, it's kindof hard to explain the legal perspective on it, but as they are all of a copyrighted media, we have to outline that when we use it. Also, we have to mark them as what they are, or else we are saying they have no copyright, which could lead to complaints from anyone of the companies involved, and potentially a lawsuit. That's why we always need to mark images on every wiki. Joey - Talk Contribs 06:29, 31 January 2009 (UTC)
- Ok, I'll go with that. What do you propose? Oh, and "kind of" is two words, just like "as well". Creepydude Sniper Say Some'at Here! 06:49, 31 January 2009 (UTC)
Well, if you would like to create a template for it, in which they have some good examples on Wikipedia, then I can add it to all the images. Is that okay with you? Oh, and I have my own lingo when I am on talk pages, not to mention that I am trying to multi-task on more than one wiki at the moment Battlefield 3 is a better game by the way. Joey - Talk Contribs 06:57, 31 January 2009 (UTC)
- Suuuurrree, I'll find some examples and see if I can't get us a good template. Then I'll give you a shout and see if we can get this done. Creepydude Sniper Say Some'at Here! 17:01, 31 January 2009 (UTC)
NVA on mission SOG Edit
I was playing Black Ops the other day on campaign. I was on the mission SOG, on the part where Woods blows the first fugassi mine. When I reached the first mine that I was to detonate I cleared the foward area of advancing NVA, with more on the way. When I blew the first mine I was quite amused to see an NVA soldier weilding an RPG while on fire from the mine, yet still alive! At first I was shocked, as I had never seen this before. I was surprised to see the soldier turn and switch the RPG to an AK-47. Still on fire, he turned to face me. He fired two rounds upon me. Regaining my 'gaming senses' if I must say, I quickly disposed of him with a quick burst form an M60. I have never encountered this before or since. Has this happened to anyone else? Gewehr 02:37, January 13, 2011 (UTC)
Would it be more conveinient to put the Wager Match and the normal game modes in the same navigation box (Game Modes in Black Ops)? I dont find it useful to have such a small NB for 4 articles.--Oreo Biskuit!!Eleven 13:14, February 4, 2011 (UTC)
New perk-a-cola - Call of the dead Edithey guys, here is i a picture ofthe new perk machine
Something big Edit
I just found a tiny piece of information that I think will cause huge waves. I was playing the Black Ops ds version. The level goes something like this: you play a Soviet soldier, Sergeant Yuri Raslov, in Afghanistan who kills an official working for both the Soviets and the Afghans. The event branches out to 3 levels. You eventually are betrayed by your Russian teammates and you ally with two Americans, the two being Captain Alex Mason (who is proved to be the same as the console version, it is told that Masons team was to destroy a biological weapon) and a Sergeant Jenkins. This all happens on the same day. I looked at the date, which read: November 21, 1963, the day BEFORE President Kennedy was killed. This means that Mason was in Afghanistan the day before the assasination and therefore could not have been in Dallas to kill the President. This disproves the theory that Mason killed Kennedy, or makes it highly unlikely.
184.108.40.206 14:25, May 7, 2011 (UTC)
My friends and I made this group on Palringo, called gaming etc. we talk about all different game types for instance shooters, strategy, puzzle, RPGs, & sports. we can talk about other things if you don’t want to talk about gaming. You do not have to have xbox live but xbox live and a mic are preferred for all of the current members have xbox live. When you make an account make your nick name your gamer tag so we can add you on xbox live for a fun and cooperative gaming experience. We are a nice friendly open environment for gamers of the Xbox 360. We look forward to having you.
- from the members of Gaming etc.
Dude your talking about DS here.
http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/User:II_EPiC 00:36, May 12, 2011 (UTC)
hey was just wondering if anyone new why blackops server has been pretty shit latly ?
List of multiplayer mdeals Edit
Can someone make a page for this?
It would be very helpful to have. 220.127.116.11 20:16, September 9, 2011 (UTC)
i don't like search because u only get one life but now i am going to talk about zombies i am good at it but surviveing it without pack a punch is hard but i pack a punch good guns on town like the ray gun hamr and rpd and python. the starting round pistol on round one that kind of starting pistol but the dude that is better than me is syndicate he survived 150 rounds tell me if a glich works cuz it doz not for me this is a short story like every body says on utube hope u like it supcribe u r a star guys oh this is my first