The Prestige Shop is a feature in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Players can earn Prestige Tokens by prestiging in the past four Call of Duty games or by earning them through Activision/Infinity Ward events.
The Prestige Shop is accessed from the Barracks. Players can acquire rewards such as double experience, additional custom class slots, double weapon experience, unlocking weapons throughout future prestiges', unlocking additional titles/emblems and resetting your online stats. Prestige tokens can be obtained by prestiging. Prestiging in previous Call of Duty titles will award the player with prestige tokens as well (one token max per game). PC and Wii players won't be awarded with a prestige token for prestige's in previous Call of Duty games.
Available Rewards[edit | edit source]
Every time a player enters Prestige mode, they may choose one of these rewards from the Prestige Shop:
- Extra custom class (up to 5 extra classes for a total of 10 max)
- Double XP (2 hours in-game time)
- Double weapon XP (2 hours in-game time)
- Regular Package (Callsign Title and Emblem available to those with an extra token lying around.) Title is "Far Superior," Emblem is the gold cross (10th prestige) from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.
- Unlock Gear (can be weapons, equipment, perks, deathstreaks, available at 1st Prestige, also they will be carried on through future prestige levels. Unlocked weapons will be reset to weapon level 1 upon prestiging. All unlocked attachments and camouflages are lost in this process, except winter camo)
- Hardened Package (Callsign Titles and Emblems, available after 5th Prestige.) Title is "Supreme Being", Emblem is the 10th prestige skull coin from MW2 that was unattainable in MW2.
- Veteran Package (Callsign Titles and Emblems, available after 10th Prestige)
- Reset All Stats (Available at 20th Prestige); As the name implies, it resets all of your multiplayer stats including leaderboard stats, titles, emblems, but it does not reset your gametype leaderboard rankings.
Acquiring Tokens[edit | edit source]
- 4 tokens can be obtained from prestiging in older Call of Duty titles (Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, World at War, Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops). If the player has prestiged one or more times in any of those games, they will receive one token per game (Xbox 360 and PS3 only).
- Due to the slow update on your rank in other Call of Duty games for your stats on Modern Warfare 3, expect to not get your prestige tokens for around two days after prestiging.
- 1 token is acquired per prestige in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.
- 1 token is acquired for reaching clan level 50 via Call of Duty Elite.
- 1 token could have been acquired as a holiday gift for Elite premium subscribers with founder status.
- 1 token could have been acquired as a gift for being a Call of Duty Elite premium member.
- 1 token could have been acquired by pre-ordering Call of Duty: Black Ops II at GameStop (was valid until June 30, 2012)