Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- "Take a 3rd attachment for your primary weapon."
- — Create-a-Class Description.
Primary Gunfighter allows the player to equip up to three attachments on their primary weapon instead of only two.
There are some restrictions to the attachments that can be placed on a primary weapon:
- The Ballistics CPU on sniper rifles cannot be paired with the ACOG Scope nor with the Ballista's Iron Sight attachment.
- Only one sight can be placed (there is one exception: the Dual Band Scope and Variable Zoom can be combined together).
- Fast Mag and Extended Clip cannot be used together.
- FMJ and MMS cannot be used at the same time for balancing purposes.
- The Suppressor and Long Barrel cannot be used simultaneously.
- The Grenade Launcher, Hybrid Optic and Select Fire all conflict with each other.
- In addition, the Grenade Launcher cannot be used with the Fore Grip.
Additional restrictions in campaign
The aforementioned restrictions are also present in the campaign, with the exception of the FMJ and MMS, since in this game mode the FMJ is a perk instead of an attachment. There are even more restrictions to the campaign's attachments, but some campaign-only restrictions can still be found as combinations during gameplay, despite being impossible when customizing the loadout:
- The Suppressor, Long Barrel, Rapid Fire and Select Fire all conflict with each other.
- The Laser Sight cannot be paired with the Grenade Launcher, nor with the Dual Band Scope or the Ballista's Iron Sight attachment.
Call of Duty: Online
Primary Gunfighter makes an appearance in Call of Duty: Online, allowing for three additional attachments to be equipped on a Primary Weapon instead of the default 2.
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Primary Gunfighter has the same effect as in Call of Duty: Black Ops II, allowing the player to equip up to three attachments on their primary weapon instead of only two.
- Only one sight can be used (now this includes the Ballistic CPU).
- The Laser Sight, Tracker and Parabolic Microphone all conflict with each other.
- The Foregrip and Grenade Launcher cannot be used simultaneously.
- The Suppressor and Advanced Rifling cannot be used together.
Call of Duty: Black Ops III
Primary Gunfighter initially allows the player to equip up to three attachments (not including optics, as these are considered separate) on their primary weapon. Players can equip Primary Gunfighter up to three times, giving the player an additional attachment slot for their primary for each one equipped, for a total of up to six attachments on their gun (not counting an optic being equipped).