The Proteus is a sniper rifle that was added to Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare in the June 27th, 2017 update. The Proteus is very unique in that it is a pump-action sniper rifle/shotgun hybrid, and behaves as a buckshot while hipfiring and as a slug while aiming down the sniper scope. In sniper mode it fires four projectiles per shot, while in shotgun modes it fires around eight pellets. There is also a difference in magazine size between modes, the sniper mode with a slightly increased size compared to the shotgun mode. The difference gap is increased with Extended Magazines and by upgrading in Zombies. Loaded shots are not lost by alternating modes so the shotgun mode can be prepared with more rounds by reloading in the sniper mode.
Attachments[edit | edit source]
Optics[edit | edit source]
- Variable Zoom - Unlocked at weapon level 2.
- Tracking Chip - Unlocked at weapon level 4.
- Scout - Unlocked at weapon level 7.
- Thermal - Unlocked at weapon level 10.
- ELO - Unlocked at weapon level 13.
Other[edit | edit source]
- Shotgun Mode - Integral.
- Quickdraw - Unlocked at weapon level 3.
- Foregrip - Unlocked at weapon level 5.
- Ballistic CPU - Unlocked at weapon level 6.
- Extended Mag - Unlocked at weapon level 8.
- Stock - Unlocked at weapon level 9.
- FMJ - Unlocked at weapon level 11.
- Suppressor - Unlocked at weapon level 12.
Variants[edit | edit source]
|Name||Rarity||Gun Perks||Cost (Salvage)||Notes|
|Symbiosis||Common||Readiness||N/A||Unlocked via supply drops.|
|Duet||Rare||Scrambler, Focus||N/A||Unlocked via supply drops.|
|Chimaera||Legendary||Dynamic, Stockpile||N/A||Unlocked via supply drops.|
|Ice||Legendary||Glacial, Creeper||N/A||Unlocked via Days of Summer Week #5 supply drops.|
|Polarity||Epic||Reckless, Presence of Mind||N/A||Unlocked via supply drops.|
|Jaeger||Epic||Burst Fire Alternate, Sharpshooter||N/A||Unlocked via supply drops.|
Zombies[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to an update, the Proteus' model had no magazine.
- The Proteus was subject to a glitch upon its release. If the player hipfired in Sniper mode, one of the four pellets fired would always land a hit on an opponent if facing towards one. This glitch was patched by Infinity Ward the next day.