- "Remote controlled car strapped with explosives"
- — RC-XD Killstreaks Description
The RC-XD (Remote Controlled-EXplosive Device) is a controllable killstreak in the multiplayer of Call of Duty: Black Ops, Call of Duty: Black Ops II, Call of Duty Online and Call of Duty: Black Ops 4. It is also featured in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3: Defiance.
The HC-XD (Hover Capable-EXplosive Device), which appears in Call of Duty: Black Ops 3, is nearly identical in function to the classic RC-XD, though is also capable of climbing obstacles/walls, temporarily boosting speed, and double-jumping.
Call of Duty: Black OpsEdit
|Call of Duty: Black Ops|
The RC-XD moves initially faster than a player, even with Lightweight. It makes a distinctive sound when it's on the move, and can be shot by perceptive enemies and destroyed before it can kill, as it has ten health (giving the medal 'Road Rage'). Throwing a flashbang or Nova Gas can slow or prevent movement of an enemy RC-XD. The RC-XD will trip enemy claymores and will be destroyed in the subsequent explosion. The other 3-killstreak reward is the Spy Plane, which is a reward that will help the entire team by revealing enemies' position on the radar.
Some maps also feature small passageways, designed specifically for RC-XDs, which a shrewd player could use to catch the enemy by surprise.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3: DefianceEdit
For the first time in the Call of Duty DS titles, the RC-XD is used in campaign. It is used in various missions mainly involving a Russian tank and/or transport.
During the missions it is used on, it can be 'killed' resulting in a mission failure. It is depicted as a small white car as shown when the ally who gives is to the player pulls it out. The remote control seems to be a blue touch screen, unlike the simpler control used in Black Ops.
Call of Duty: Black Ops IIEdit
|Call of Duty: Black Ops II|
A recommended tactic for the RC-XD is to deploy a UAV (or an Orbital VSAT if possible) before using this scorestreak, as this allows for enemy locations to be revealed on the map and maximizes the chances of locating a target in time.
Call of Duty OnlineEdit
|Call of Duty Online|
- The player can control the RC-XD through the "No-Man's Land" in Berlin Wall without it being destroyed by the turrets.
- If an enemy C4 is placed on top of the RC-XD, it will immediately explode. This does not apply to friendly RC-XD's.
- If the player controlling the RC-XD is affected by a Flashbang or concussion grenade, or if the RC-XD enters the range of an enemy's Jammer, the RC-XD will become slow, stop sporadically, shoot sparks and overall becomes less tractable.
- In Private Matches, it is possible to remove the timer that RC-XDs have before they have to explode. This results in unlimited RC Time.
- There is some writing on the RC Controller. It reads: "RADIO CONTROL AND TRANSMITTER RC-611"
- When using an RC-XD during host migration, the camera will be warped back to first person and the player can see the RC-XD remote itself.
- The boost function is hidden and unlisted in the Wii version of the game. It can only be used by host or in Combat Training by pressing the C button (default Wii remote and Nunchuk layout) or L (default Wii U Pro Controller layout).
- In the multiplayer teaser trailer, the RC-XD is referred to as the "RC Bomb" by the Black Ops announcer.
- If the player is holding a China Lake when they use the RC-XD, the crosshairs on it will be that of the China Lake's instead of the regular one.