- "Activate to make zombies rapidly appear and move faster through Round 20."
- — Notification
Appearing exclusively in all round-based maps, the Rampage Inducer is a special Aetherium essence canister containing fragments of a Fury Crystal. Upon interacting with it, all enemies will gain increased movement speed and spawn rates up until Round 20, allowing for faster round transitions to help progress the game faster at the cost of an increased challenge to survivability. At the end of Round 20, the Rampage Inducer will automatically disable itself by exploding, prohibiting the player from using it further.
At any time while the Rampage Inducer is activated, the player can toggle it off, reverting the game back to its original progression. Additionally, the player can also reactivate the Rampage Inducer at any point after its been toggled off should they choose to. In a co-op game, all players must vote to activate and deactivate the Rampage Inducer. Furthermore, toggling the Rampage Inducer on and off in a co-op game can only be done once per round, while in solo it can be done as many times as the player wants to within a round with a minor delay between uses.
- Die Maschine - In the Yard, by the debris pile between the Ammo Cache and stairs.
- Firebase Z - In the Radio Room, on the table to the left of the opening leading to the balcony.
- Mauer der Toten - In the 5th Floor Apartments, on the table to the left of the room containing the vertical zipline.
- Forsaken - In the Staging Area, adjacent from Death Perception.
- The Rampage Inducer generates a slow heartbeat while inactive which increases to a much more rapid one whilst active.