Raven Software is an Activision-owned video developer company located in Madison, Wisconsin in the United States of America. The studio was founded in 1990 by brothers Brian and Steve Raffel and was acquired by Activision in 1997.
After their collaboration with Treyarch on Black Ops, Raven assisted the development of each main Call of Duty games.
In 2011, they worked with Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 after the departure of half of Infinity Ward employees following the firing of Vince Zampella and Jason West. Raven worked on the online multiplayer elements for the game, including multiplayer maps.
While assisting Infinity Ward and Neversoft on Call of Duty: Ghosts in 2013, Raven developed in collaboration with Tencent Holdings, Call of Duty Online, a free-to-play game created exclusively for China. A closed beta was released that year and a open and more stable version was officialy released on January 2015.
In 2016, Raven Software worked on remastering Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and became the lead studio on the project with the release of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered. The next year, Raven partnered with Sledgehammer Games to create the War Mode for Call of Duty: WWII.
Games developed for the Call of Duty seriesEdit
- Raven Software's logo is available as an emblem in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 by calling in a Counter-UAV 3 times in a single match.
- ↑ https://kotaku.com/singularity-game-developer-hit-with-layoffs-5661071
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQXwojQ_i_0
- ↑ https://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2011/01/activision-calls-in-reinforcements-for-next-call-of-duty-following-infinity-ward-meltdown.html
- ↑ http://www.dsogaming.com/news/call-of-duty-ghosts-raven-and-neversoft-will-be-assisting-infinity-ward/
- ↑ https://investor.activision.com/news-releases/news-release-details/activision-and-tencent-launch-call-duty-online-china
- ↑ https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/06/07/call-of-duty-wwii-your-questions-answered/
- ↑ https://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/call-of-duty-black-ops-ii/credits
- ↑ http://charlieintel.com/2015/10/09/new-black-ops-3-multiplayer-map-redwood-revealed/