- "Clear a path for the flag!"
- — Viktor Reznov
The Red Army Flag is an object found in the Call of Duty levels "Berlin" and "Stalingrad". It is a usable item in the Call of Duty: World at War level "Downfall". It is a Soviet flag used by both AI and the player to claim victory.
Call of Duty[edit | edit source]
Call of Duty: World at War[edit | edit source]
It is first given to and carried by Chernov in the mission "Heart of the Reich" until he is killed by a flamethrower-wielding SS honor guard. After his death, another soldier, Arseni, is forced to take it, who then dies when the Reichstag's roof is barraged with rockets. Afterwards, Dimitri Petrenko takes it and, after surviving an attack from an SS soldier, places it on top of the Reichstag, claiming victory for the Soviet Union and ending the game.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The player cannot go prone while holding the flag.
- In addition, the player can see the flag classified as a "weapon" when attempting to go prone.
- When holding the flag, the third person model shows the player with a pistol out and the flag being held up next to the pistol.
- In the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 mission "Turbulence", a torn Red Army flag can be found. Its features are extremely similar, if not the exact same as the one Dimitri Petrenko planted in Call of Duty: World at War.