- "2-round burst energy pistol. Fires bolts of energy that eliminate enemies in 2 hits."
- — In-game description
The Rift E9 fires an energy projectile instead of hitscans like normal weapons. This can make hitting enemies very difficult. This gun also has unlimited range. The energy bolts cannot detonate a C4. A player who kills an enemy underwater will receive a Depth Charge medal. Much like the Banshii shotgun that was added alongside this weapon, it is also very useful for destroying some enemy scorestreaks. Although it isn't near as versatile as the Banshii in terms of ease with destroying scorestreaks, it can still destroy Wraiths in as little as two bursts and Motherships in three bursts. Even Care Package Deploy Ships can be one-bursted by the Rift E9. However, the Rift E9 struggles to do much damage to UAV's and CUAV's.
- Reflex Sight (unlocked at weapon level 2)
- Quickdraw (unlocked at weapon level 3)
- Suppressor (unlocked at weapon level 4)
- ELO (unlocked at weapon level 5)
- Laser Sight (unlocked at weapon level 6)
- Fast Mag (unlocked at weapon level 7)
- Extended Mags (unlocked at weapon level 8)
The Rift E9 can be obtained from the Mystery Box in the Zombies map Revelations, where it comes with an ELO Sight, Laser Sight and Fast Mags by default. The weapon can be seen in the hands of Edward Richtofen on the map's poster. When Pack-a-Punched, it becomes the Elder Invader, which buffs the damage and gives the gun an outstanding 68-round magazine and more ammo.
Rift E9 vs Elder Invader
|Rift E9||Elder Invader|
|Fire mode||2-round burst||2-round burst|
|Rate of fire||512 RPM per burst (186 overall)|
|Extras||Extended Mags, higher damage, more reserve ammo|