He is also heard in a radio in the Zombies map Revelations, where he is sending out a distress signal. He states that he is in a janitor's closet while also stating that he fears President Kennedy, Nixon, and Castro have all been killed by the zombies during the outbreak.
While McNamara does not appear physically in game on Classified, he is seen in the intro and heard in game. He can be heard if the player knocks on a closed office door in new offices and will get progressively more annoyed at the player for disturbing him, seemingly unaware of the outbreak.
McNamara is also heard through in game audio reels. He confirms that the US government is not only aware of the zombie outbreaks in Berlin, The Himalayas, and in numerous Group 935 facilities. But that the Government is even aware of Samantha's control over the zombies.
- Main article: "Five"/Quotes#Robert McNamara
- Sometimes after killing a zombie, McNamara will say, "Lesson 2: Rationality will not save us"; this is a reference to the 2003 documentary "The Fog of War", in which Robert McNamara shares 11 lessons he learned during his time as Secretary of Defense under Kennedy and Lyndon B. Johnson.
- He remarks that upon death, the Crawler Zombies emit a "Fog of War".
- He and Richard Nixon dislike each other.
- Quick Revive is his least favorite perk.
- He seems to know quite a lot about the perk machines, as an example he says "Double Tap, increases the fire rate by 30%" when buying Double Tap Root Beer.
- Due to his immense knowledge on the perks and even some Wonder Weapons, it's quite possible he might have overseen the American scientists and military personnel who created the Wonder Weapons and said perks.
- He can be heard in Classified by holding square (X if on Xbox, F if on PC) on a door in the Main Offices. Upon knocking, he will say various quotes. However, if you knock a certain amount of times, Samantha will have a quote, and 40 Nova Crawlers will spawn.