- "A defensive weapon that can also be used for... offense."
- — Edward Richtofen
The Rocket Shield is a weapon in Call of Duty: Black Ops III in the Zombies maps Shadows of Evil and Der Eisendrache. It is a large Art Deco riot shield with an molded eagle and a large headlight above the window, similar to a locomotive.
It is the spiritual successor to the Zombie Shield, being able to melee when equipped and block back attacks from zombies when unequipped, but has a burst function which can fling the player forward, knocking zombies away. Unlike the Zombie Shield, it cannot be planted as a distraction for zombies.
Charges for the shield can be replenished by a Max Ammo Power-Up which will refill all charges and utilising white gas canisters with red valves that can be found in specific spots of the map in both Shadows of Evil and Der Eisendrache or found in Harvest Pods in Shadows of Evil, these will refill a singular charge.
Obtaining the Rocket Shield[edit | edit source]
Shadows of Evil[edit | edit source]
Der Eisendrache[edit | edit source]
|Part||Spawn Area||Spawn Locations|
|Upper Courtyard||· Right side of the Research Room's entrance. |
· Placed left to a corpse of a Radio Operator in the tower.
|Catacombs||· Above the Pack-a-Punch Machine teleporter platform, accessible with Anti-Gravity active.|
· Above the doorway to the Rocket Test teleporter, accessible with Anti-Gravity active.
|Lower Courtyard||· Placed on crates beside the gate trap switch inside the Courtyard.|
Upgrade[edit | edit source]
The Rocket Shield can be upgraded into the Goddard Apparatus on either map, which sustains more damage and has four bursts instead of three. To obtain it, one must kill 10 or more zombies with 12 consecutive bursts with the Rocket Shield.
Achievement/Trophy[edit | edit source]
- Strike! - (Bronze/25) - In Shadows of Evil, use the rocket shield attack to kill at least 10 zombies in one burst.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The sound of bowling pins knocked over is heard every time the player kills more than 10 zombies with a burst from the Rocket Shield.
- The pick-up notification text for the Rocket Shield calls it the "Zombie Shield".
- The Group 935 logo can be seen on the light on the front of the shield in Der Eisendrache. Interestingly, it is the original logo with the SS runes.
- The name of the upgraded shield is a reference to the American scientist and pioneer of modern rocketry, Robert H. Goddard.
- The Rocket Shield was seen in the Revelations trailer, although it does not actually appear in the map.
References[edit | edit source]