- "Remember, there are civilians in the Favela. Watch your fire out there. Meat, get these civvies outta here."
- — Royce reminding "Roach" and "Meat" to pick their targets carefully.
Royce appeared with Ghost and Meat at the time of Rojas's assistant's escape. They attempt to head him off, but he opens fire in a busy intersection causing civilians to flee, which creates a huge traffic collision. After he has been apprehended, Royce, Roach, and Meat attempt to clear the Favela and find Rojas, when Soap and Ghost get the information from his assistant. The three soldiers come under heavy fire from the Brazilian Militia. Meat is killed, but Roach and Royce continue to push through despite the loss. Royce is eventually overwhelmed by the enemies' fire and gunned down, leaving Roach alone.
- It is possible for the player to kill Royce without penalty.
- Royce's facial hair may change after shooting Rojas' assistant in the leg. Also, his M4A1 may gain or lose an M203.
- When Royce informs Roach that he has been hit, his body will already be down.
- Ghost, Royce, and Meat all spawn outside of the map, where they would usually start their chase on Rojas's assistant at the intersection. If the player is able to exit and find them, they are able to be killed by the player without being penalized for friendly fire.
- If Royce manages to survive the entire onslaught with all enemies of the Favela gang killed in the first phase, when he reaches a certain point passed the neighborhood, and is approached by Roach within a certain radius, he will still die even with no enemies around. Meaning he was never script to survive the mission. This also applies with Meat, with Meat scripted to die first.
- From this point on, Royce will sometimes not inform Roach that Meat has fallen nor will he say he, himself was hit by the enemy gunfire.