|"It's up to you, User. It's all up to you."|
This article contains multiple options that are determined by player choice.
- "Trained as a Green Beret, Adler entered the CIA's Special Activities Division in 1959, after which he only appears sporadically in the Agency's records. While an undisputed leader, he is an enigma to all that serve with him."
- — In-game biography
Special Officer Russell Adler  is the deuteragonist, depending on the player can be considered the true main antagonist of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. He is a CIA agent charged with stopping the mysterious Soviet agent codenamed Perseus. Adler is described as "America's monster" with a "dark charisma". 
Biography[edit | edit source]
After Vietnam, Adler disappeared from CIA records but continued to be affiliated with a number of clandestine operations. His deep knowledge of covert tactics, fluency in Russian and German, and mastery of espionage make him one of the few key operatives that the CIA can consistently rely upon. 
On January 13, 1981, during a mission with Frank Woods in Turkey, Adler discovered the Soviet agent Perseus became active and four days later Jason Hudson tasked Adler to build a team to track down and eliminate Perseus.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War[edit | edit source]
Adler is unlocked as a playable operator for Multiplayer and Zombies modes by completing the challenge.
Personalization[edit | edit source]
Skins[edit | edit source]
|Name||Rarity||How to obtain|
|Mountain Drab||Base||In Multiplayer, get 10 kills with Scorestreaks or Killstreaks|
Call of Duty: Warzone[edit | edit source]
Adler is mentioned in several intel pieces in Call of Duty: Warzone. The intels relate to his investigation into Perseus, who had ties with Imran Zakhaev. He is also playable as an Operator with the purchase of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War.
Call of Duty: Mobile[edit | edit source]
Adler could be unlocked for Call of Duty: Mobile as a playable character by playing the Multiplayer Open Beta of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War.  He is also featured in the main story as a supporting character in the comics.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Adler's blood type is AB-
- If asked by "Bell" about the origin of his facial scars, Adler will come up with one of three lies:
- He may cryptically answer that he was once in with the wrong crowd when he was younger, and will vaguely mention that an unnamed girl "wasn't worth it".
- Another story told by Adler is that he was chasing a target when he tried to make a jump off the roof of a building. The jump was successful, but the landing "not so much." He then gives "Bell" advice to always know where the utility poles are.
- He also may state that he was attacked by a tiger during a mission in 1973.
References[edit | edit source]
- Description of several Black Ops Cold War campaign missions - charlieintel.com
- Black Ops Cold War arrives with cross-generation, cross-platform play on November 13 - venturebeat.com
- The Future of Call of Duty®: Warzone™: Modern Warfare and Black Ops Cold War - callofduty.com
- Black Ops History: Adler and Park - treyarch.com
- Get Adler in Call of Duty®: Mobile by Playing the Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War Beta - callofduty.com