While the Retribution was present at the Fleet Week Parade at Geneva, it was not supplied prior to the SDF attack. Thus, while it survived the attack, it was not ready for deployment in war. Lieutenant Nick Reyes was promoted to Commanding Officer and made acting captain by Admiral Raines after the death of Captain Alder after giving the order for the Retribution to ram the SDF Olympus Mons.
The Retribution was modular in design, where parts could be changed out depending on the situation, allowing its commander to plan for any number of contingencies. The crew on board was of mixed nationalities including American, British, Lebanese, Irish, Canadian, and Australian and other unlisted SATO member states. Its crew numbered in the thousands, ranging from engineers to soldiers. It's also the biggest ship in the SATO fleet, only rivaled by the SetDef's Olympus Mons.
The ship possessed a Drop Engine, a method of faster-than-light (FTL) propulsion that reduced planetary travel time from months to seconds. However, these engines are both expensive and dangerous, much like early supersonic flight, and are limited to the military and a select few corporations.
- Length: 637 meters
- Height: 75 meters
- Top jet speed: 125,000 km/4 times faster than light travel
- Crew: 767 surviving sailors, soldiers, marines and airmen before the Mars Shipyard attack
- Max Occupancy:
- 20 Jackals
- 2 Raven Dropships
- 8x Retractable High-Velocity Point Defence Guns
- 6x Retractable Missile Pods
- 12x Solid fuel boosters (Main Propulsion)
- 7x VTOL thrusters
- 1x Drop Reactor (FTL)
Known Crew MembersEdit
- Captain John Alder (K.I.A.) - Former captain
- Commander Nick Reyes (K.I.A.) - Acting Captain
- Lieutenant Commander Audrey MaCallum (K.I.A.) - Chief Engineer
- Lieutenant Commander Nora Salter - Executive Officer
- Lieutenant Commander Tori Holder (K.I.A.) - Communications Officer
- Lieutenant Victor Diallo (K.I.A.) - Navigator
- Lieutenant Laura Gibson (K.I.A.) - Flight Deck Officer
- Lieutenant Junior Grade Ebele Yedite (K.I.A.)
- Lieutenant Junior Grade Lee Boggs (K.I.A.) - Pilot
- Chief Warrant Officer Maynard Griffin (K.I.A.) - Arms Expert
- Chief Petty Officer Evelynn Sotomura - Boatswain
- Chief Petty Officer Tori Holder (K.I.A.) - Communications Officer
- Petty Officer First Class E3N (Destroyed) - Special Warfare Operator
- Petty Officer Second Class Erwin Kloos - Aircraft Handler
- Petty Officer Third Class Goodwin (K.I.A.)
- Staff Sergeant Usef Omar (K.I.A.) - Royal Marine Commando (UK)
- Sergeant Sean Brooks - Irish Army Ranger Wing
- Private First Class Todd Kashima (K.I.A.) - JTF-2 (Canada)
- Private Nunez (K.I.A.)
- Seaman Baker (K.I.A.)
- Carl Hamilton (K.I.A.) - Engineer
- Michael Fillion (K.I.A.) - Chaplain
- Brozek (K.I.A.)
- Sahora (K.I.A.)
In the campaign of Infinite Warfare, the Retribution serves also as the main hub between missions. Players can choose between campaign missions and side missions throughout the Solar System. The players can also interact with the ship (it can be in various states of repair) and the crew.
Controlling Nick Reyes, the player can visit the firing range (where loadouts can be pre-selected), watch news reports concerning the war effort, track the progress of the SDF fleet, view computer logs and the SDF most wanted board in his operations office, and plan missions on the bridge.
- The Retribution's hull classification, SWC-141, is a reference to Task Force 141 from the Modern Warfare series.