- "Armed Air Reconnaissance. Report enemy troop movement."
- — Mission briefing.
Safeguard is a Special Ops Mission Mode challenge in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019). The objective is to clear all enemy targets/survive long enough for evac to arrive. The Infinity Ward best time is 9:47 minutes.
The level takes place in the same place as the sniper section of Mission 8: Highway of Death from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019). You are tasked with eliminating multiple waves of hostiles that surround you. Some come on foot and some by car. Some enemies will spawn with mortars, similar to the campaign mission where you are tasked with sniping enemies manning mortars to learn the bullet drop and wind mechanics of the game. After a while or once you kill enough enemies, a soldier over the radio will tell you that evac is on the way. Eventually a cargo helicopter will land across some buildings, which you will have to fight through some enemies on the way to. Climbing into the helicopter finishes the mission.
Starting Loadout Edit
Weapons to find Edit
- Succeed - 1 star + 6000 XP
- 15:00 - 2 stars + 8000 XP
- 10:00 - 3 stars + 10000 XP
- According to the end screen once you either die or win the mission, no rewards were granted for Special Ops Missions until November 2019, when there were added some calling cards and emblems as rewards after reaching a certain milestone of stars.