- "Full-auto submachine gun. Superior handling with fast fire rate and a smaller ammo pool."
- — In-game description
The Saug 9mm appears in the zombie maps Voyage of Despair, IX, Blood of the Dead, Classified, Dead of the Night and Ancient Evil where it's available on the wall for 750 points and as a weapon within the Mystery Box for 950 points, or can be selected as a starting weapon once unlocked and equipped in the player's loadout. When upgraded via Pack-a-Punch Machine, it becomes the Stellar 92 with the magazine size increased to 50 rounds and its ammo reserve increased to 350.
- Despite the weapon being chambered in 9mm, "40 cal" is written above the pistol grip.
- The Saug 9mm appears to be created by the fictional company Chrome Wolf Laboratories as the logo appears on the magazine when Fast Mags II is equip.
- The Pack-a-Punch name for the Saug, the Stellar 92, is an easter egg referencing Estelle Tigani. She was a producer on the map IX and was able to name some of the upgraded weapons.
- In early concepts for the Saug, the words "South African Ugly Gun" can be seen on the side of the weapon.
- The Saug 9mm reappeared as an icon for Dual Wield in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War at launch, however it was quickly changed.