- "Creates a burst originating from the player. Knocks back nearby zombies, applies light damage, and holds them stunned."
- — Description
Shellshock is a special ability featured in the Nazi Zombies mode of Call of Duty: WWII. When activated, it will send out a strong burst of energy from the player, stunning any nearby zombies and applying slight damage to them as well.
Like the other special abilities, the player can equip special Raven Research mods onto the special ability via the "Loadouts" menu, but like the others, only the upgrades that apply to the Shellshock special ability can be put on said special ability.
- Not all zombies are affected for the duration of the ability; Brenners and Meuchlers will be temporarily affected.
- Only zombies that were in the initial area of effect will be stunned; any new zombies will simply be unaffected unless the player uses the Moonraven mod 'Sustain Zone'.
- All zombies will have a red electric effect on their abdomen (appears on all players' screens), signifying that the zombies are affected by Shellshock.
- When a teammate activates Shellshock, the team will be notified by the activation sound and a silhouette of the Shellshock icon around the teammate's character icon.
Shellshock Special Mods
- Breathing Room - Shellshock has increased range and knocks enemies back further.
- Protector - Allies hit with Shellshock gain 1 point of Geistchild.
- Defibrillate - Revive fallen teammates in range when activating Shellshock.
- Fiery Burst - Enemies hit by Shellshock are set on fire.
- Exploit Weakness - Enemies stunned by Shellshock take triple damage.
- Sustain Zone - Shellshock creates a zone of energy that lingers after the burst. Enemies that enter the zone are stunned. However, the range of Shellshock is reduced.